admissions ? for current Western students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VTDO2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently offered an interview at Western/COMP for late April. I am an out of state resident with decent scores and a lot of extracorriculars. I really want to go to Western and I was wondering if any of you current students that were accepted ever had a similar situation (late interview, our of state, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have an interview, then they must be interested in you...so don't worry.

I was an out of state applicant(which isn't an issue here because its a private school anyway), and I had a lot of extra-curriculars too(which this school seems to like IMHO). My scores were not good at all, but I did interview early(Oct/Nov)...so that was better for me.....If you have decent scores, I wouldn't worry about it.

And just relax for the interview...the interviews here are pretty low stress.:cool:

VTDO2b,

If they offered you an interview this late in the game, then they must be interested. I was also a late interviewee. Somehow one of my LOR was "lost" and I didn't find out till Jan, when I finally called to see why I hadn't received an interview. Well, after I fixed the situation, I was offered an interview in March (almost towards the end) and got in (I am currently a 2nd yr now). So it all works out for the best....

Good luck :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the reassurance, I guess I am just a little nervous. I hope to see you all there in 03?. :D

No problem! Good luck!

I interviewed relatively late (3/4/03) and was accepted two weeks later. I'm from Texas, with decent (but not great) numbers and a lot of varied and interesting experiences (lots of medical/volunteer type stuff, study abroad, and a former career in film production). I really liked COMP a lot and will be there Fall 2003. Hope the interview goes well. If you have any more questions let me know.

Tiffany

Tiffany,

You'll like it at Western...nice change from Texas....much better weather...:cool:

Vince
(former Texas Resident 25+ yrs)