ADAT for military residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalcalde

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in the military heard anything about starting to implement the new ADAT for military residencies. Will be applying to perio in a couple of years and am wondering if they will be requiring it at that time.

Members don't see this ad.

Doubt it will be mandatory for some time, as the majority of applicants selected for military residencies are already practicing as military GPs and aren't necessarily going to be expected to take the ADAT right away. That said, if you're in school right now, you should take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's ADAT?

I guess it is a good sign you haven't heard of it being in the army lol. For some reason that I cannot fathom, they are implementing a new ADAT for residencies starting in 2016 since the boards are pass fail. Again as to why they don't just make the boards scored again instead of adding ANOTHER exam to have to take (because there aren't enough to get your license, graduate, etc) I don't know. I was enlisted for 5 years so I know that sometimes the military takes its time adding in new things so hopefully I will dodge the bullet and not have to take it for perio residency.

This whole movement towards making everything "pass/fail" instead of grades is completely bogus IMHO - why are we so worried about hurting someone's feelings that we are taking away the most basic methods towards distinguishing the best?

Reactions: 1 user