Actual Podiatry Job Postings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a citizen of the world and mix your mayo and ketchup.
If I mix my mayo and ketchup and add a little relish I’ll have Russian dressing.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Harborview medical center in Seattle, WA. Ortho hates podiatry. All the podiatrists that work at harborview can't do surgery and if they can they can't do anything proximal to the 1st tarsometatarsal joint. That's it. These podiatrists are professional toenail trimmers and wound care DPMs with minimal to no elective MSK foot surgery. Yes these podiatrists do not represent the best the profession can offer...but it is by design.
Why do most pods here on sdn assume that if you are not doing elective surgery week in week out then it automatically means you are trimming toenails all day lol. You don't have to pick between the two extremes (surgery vs toenail trimming). There is a whole lot of fun procedures to do in clinic. You can make a good living in podiatry without doing much elective surgery or trimming any toenails.

A clinic schedule (20 patients with half of them new patients) with various pathologies is very fulfilling to me. If I go a week or 2 without doing any elective surgery, I am happy because it means I am doing a good job in clinic keeping patients out of the OR. For example, I can't count how many patients come in for 1st MPJ pain and they think they need surgery because the "xray looks very bad". I give them a shot, no more pain at 2 week f/u and I monitor them every 3, 6 months or yearly. Patient is happy but I still remind them they may need surgery down the road and they appreciate me that I offered other options before taking them to surgery. Most hospital employed folks have to fill their OR block time every week with cases so I understand the pressure to take every thing to surgery. I don't work at the hospital neither do I own shares at any ASC so I don't have any pressure to constantly bring cases to meet "my quota" or fill up my block time.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Why do most pods here on sdn assume that if you are not doing elective surgery week in week out then it automatically means you are trimming toenails all day lol. You don't have to pick between the two extremes (surgery vs toenail trimming). There is a whole lot of fun procedures to do in clinic. You can make a good living in podiatry without doing much elective surgery or trimming any toenails.

A clinic schedule (20 patients with half of them new patients) with various pathologies is very fulfilling to me. If I go a week or 2 without doing any elective surgery, I am happy because it means I am doing a good job in clinic keeping patients out of the OR. For example, I can't count how many patients come in for 1st MPJ pain and they think they need surgery because the "xray looks very bad". I give them a shot, no more pain at 2 week f/u and I monitor them every 3, 6 months or yearly. Patient is happy but I still remind them they may need surgery down the road and they appreciate me that I offered other options before taking them to surgery. Most hospital employed folks have to fill their OR block time every week with cases so I understand the pressure to take every thing to surgery. I don't work at the hospital neither do I own shares at any ASC so I don't have any pressure to constantly bring cases to meet "my quota" or fill up my block time.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

But then they can’t go to a party and tell everyone they are a lower extremity surgeon!

About a year ago I looked over the books of a 10 doctor successful practice. There was one doc who did NO surgery but saw a high volume of office patients. There were several docs who did a pretty high number of cases weekly.

The non surgical doc was the highest producer in the practice for the past 16 quarters. And it didn’t appear he was doing anything fishy. Lots of P&As, heel pain, orthoses, etc.

And he was second in patient satisfaction.

Reactions: 5 users

Because I trained there and know.

Reactions: 1 users
But then they can’t go to a party and tell everyone they are a lower extremity surgeon!

About a year ago I looked over the books of a 10 doctor successful practice. There was one doc who did NO surgery but saw a high volume of office patients. There were several docs who did a pretty high number of cases weekly.

The non surgical doc was the highest producer in the practice for the past 16 quarters. And it didn’t appear he was doing anything fishy. Lots of P&As, heel pain, orthoses, etc.

I have no doubt that this could happen in the private setting but I can’t imagine this happening in the RVU setting.

This is my regular clinic day. This was my goal when I opened my solo practice. The so called bread and butter general podiatry stuff is what my practice is all about. In 2020 during the pandemic when elective surgery was cancelled was when I actually fell in love with clinic work. Not doing surgery for many months during the pandemic and actually having a fulfilled, productive day in clinic and less stress week in week out made me realize how ridiculous it was worrying about doing surgery. I truly enjoy being in clinic.

I do enjoy surgery but I can do without it. I enjoy a day off on my OR day. I know some can't do without surgery which I understand. That's the joy of podiatry, pick and choose what you like. To each their own.

This is my regular clinic day. This was my goal when I opened my solo practice. The so called bread and butter general podiatry stuff is what my practice is all about. In 2020 during the pandemic when elective surgery was cancelled was when I actually fell in love with clinic work. Not doing surgery for many months during the pandemic and actually having a fulfilled, productive day in clinic and less stress week in week out made me realize how ridiculous it was worrying about doing surgery. I truly enjoy being in clinic.

I do enjoy surgery but I can do without it. I enjoy a day off on my OR day. I know some can't do without surgery which I understand. That's the joy of podiatry, pick and choose what you like. To each their own.

As much as I love my office days, I also love my OR days. I don't think I could do without it.

In the past few weeks I had a phone interview followed by in-person. Salary was not mentioned on the job posting, it just lists benefits of health insurance, malpractice, 401k and some other stuff not worth mentioning.

I get to the in-person interview and the owner is a very nice guy. I am not going to give personal details he was very nice and seems a sincere man.

We go the whole way through and at the very end he mentions income. 25% reimbursement for collections, no salary, and only covers 75% of malpractice and health insurance. The health insurance is only for single, not family, and there is no match on 401k. The 401k benefit is they cover administrative costs for you. He showed me the incomes for the clinic average $460k over the past 10 years for the previous provider and that, with bonus and increased reimbursement % over $500k, I could make a whopping $150k (that includes a $10k bonus).

He sent a generic contract with this same info so I countered with a few changes and 35% reimbursement. He was willing to go from single to family health insurance covered at 75% but, and this is a direct quote from the email, "There is no chance we'll be starting any candidate in this clinic at that 35% (starting at $161,000 won't happen).".

I politely declined and mentioned cost of living, housing prices, and loan repayment.

Last edited:
In the past few weeks I had a phone interview followed by in-person. Salary was not mentioned on the job posting, it just lists benefits of health insurance, malpractice, 401k and some other stuff not worth mentioning.

I get to the in-person interview and the owner is a very nice guy. I am not going to give personal details he was very nice and seems a sincere man. He is not a podiatrist but a businessman who somehow got into the podiatry practice owning business.

We go the whole way through and at the very end he mentions income. 25% reimbursement for collections, no salary, and only covers 75% of malpractice and health insurance. The health insurance is only for single, not family, and there is no match on 401k. The 401k benefit is they cover administrative costs for you. He showed me the incomes for the clinic average $460k over the past 10 years for the previous provider and that, with bonus and increased reimbursement % over $500k, I could make a whopping $150k (that includes a $10k bonus).

He sent a generic contract with this same info so I countered with a few changes and 35% reimbursement. He was willing to go from single to family health insurance covered at 75% but, and this is a direct quote from the email, "There is no chance we'll be starting any candidate in this clinic at that 35% (starting at $161,000 won't happen).".

I politely declined and mentioned cost of living, housing prices, and loan repayment.
-The "businessman" thing is ...different. The impression I'm under in Texas is that a non-physician cannot own a medical practice. How things work in other states I cannot say.

-Food for thought - would you accept an in person interview with a PP podiatrist in the future without first discussing salary?

-As awful as 30% is - at $400K collections it is $20K more in your pocket.

-I want to be clear why most businesses offer a 401k match. Its because the match creates a "safe harbor" from non-discrimination testing. Without trying to explore this too heavily - imagine a business where the highly compensated / owners put most of the money into the 401k and own most of the assets. The IRS has a series of tests ADP, ACP, top heavy etc that essentially explore whether the primary benefit of the 401k is flowing to just the owners / highest income people verse the regular staff. In a medical practice the doctors are going to put the vast majority of the money into a 401k. This can create a scenario where they literally may have to take money back out if they fail testing. Providing a match that qualifies under safe harbor prevents you from having to fix the 401k by pulling funds. Where I'm going with this is - when someone provides no match I find myself wondering - who else is in this 401k and could you find yourself having to pull funds you already contributed.

-Props to you for being in a position to walk away. Quite a few of the people on this forum (myself included) ate a bad offer at one point in time. My hope is you will have the tenacity to follow this through to something good.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Came across this gem today
75F82A59-2B2F-4147-AA1F-B48DC05F547B.jpeg

It is interesting in that part of it involves pcr testing for wounds.

Last edited:
  • Wow

I get to the in-person interview and the owner is a very nice guy. I am not going to give personal details he was very nice and seems a sincere man.

Pathetic. Sorry he wasted your time.

-The "businessman" thing is ...different. The impression I'm under in Texas is that a non-physician cannot own a medical practice. How things work in other states I cannot say.

-Food for thought - would you accept an in person interview with a PP podiatrist in the future without first discussing salary?

-I want to be clear why most businesses offer a 401k match. Its because the match creates a "safe harbor" from non-discrimination testing. Without trying to explore this too heavily - imagine a business where the highly compensated / owners put most of the money into the 401k and own most of the assets. The IRS has a series of tests ADP, ACP, top heavy etc that essentially explore whether the primary benefit of the 401k is flowing to just the owners / highest income people verse the regular staff. In a medical practice the doctors are going to put the vast majority of the money into a 401k. This can create a scenario where they literally may have to take money back out if they fail testing. Providing a match that qualifies under safe harbor prevents you from having to fix the 401k by pulling funds. Where I'm going with this is - when someone provides no match I find myself wondering - who else is in this 401k and could you find yourself having to pull funds you already contributed.

-Props to you for being in a position to walk away. Quite a few of the people on this forum (myself included) ate a bad offer at one point in time. My hope is you will have the tenacity to follow this through to something good.
Your 401k comments about the plan being top heavy is 100% accurate.

I made a mistake and did not edit it out fast enough. He was 1/3 owner, the other two are podiatrists. He was vague on who they are so idk anything about them.

No, I will not go to another in person interview without first discussing salary.

Overall it was a very good learning experience and I am glad it happened.

Reactions: 2 users
In my experience, and basically everyone I know is hospital/msg employed, I have never heard of someone being fired and them hiring someone for cheaper. I think that is more urban legend than truth.
It may have been unclear, but I wasn't trying to imply a replacement scenario more so any new hires. In response to @MalleableMan as well, it very well could be specific to my area. There are good Podiatrist that are hospital employed throughout the country. In my area and in at least two others that I know of (I apologize that this is vague but I value anonymity here) the majority of Hospital pods are either being phased out via scheduling preference heavily favored to MDs or they are all wound care and nail clipping inpatient. Its a complex scenario that certainly does not apply to all areas of the country.

My main point to the original post was to say that saturated areas are real (as in every profession) and it absolutely can work against you. Its up to you to decide if you want to risk that or not. I have certainly taken a pay cut to be near family obligations, but I don't have much of a choice. I am doing better than most of my colleagues around here and yet a lot of these job postings that are (rightly) ridiculed here are not far off of mine.

It may have been unclear, but I wasn't trying to imply a replacement scenario more so any new hires. In response to @MalleableMan as well, it very well could be specific to my area. There are good Podiatrist that are hospital employed throughout the country. In my area and in at least two others that I know of (I apologize that this is vague but I value anonymity here) the majority of Hospital pods are either being phased out via scheduling preference heavily favored to MDs or they are all wound care and nail clipping inpatient. Its a complex scenario that certainly does not apply to all areas of the country.

My main point to the original post was to say that saturated areas are real (as in every profession) and it absolutely can work against you. Its up to you to decide if you want to risk that or not. I have certainly taken a pay cut to be near family obligations, but I don't have much of a choice. I am doing better than most of my colleagues around here and yet a lot of these job postings that are (rightly) ridiculed here are not far off of mine.

I just wanted to interject about the hospital employed pod doom and gloom. This has been mentioned several times already but… nobody else wants to do diabetic foot pus so this will always be available to pods. In an RVU comp model, these types of cases are an absolute goldmine for pods. As in you are generating considerably more RVUs per hour doing diabetic foot pus than doing forefoot recon crap. These jobs aren’t going anywhere.

If you are a non surgical podiatrist and would like your spirit broken everyday by a narcissist DPM and his non doctor husband who force you to see over 30 patients a day in a facility then this is a great opportunity. He is a great example of an older DPM who is looking to take advantage of new grads who may not have any other option, especially if they are trying to stay in the Atlanta area. This is in regards to Atlanta Foot Care Center

Hospital employed podiatrists are treated very well and make a killing on inpatient foot pus, wounds, infections. If you throw some elective foot and ankle cases in there and some trauma then you will be making a great base salary with a nice bonus as well. The benefits are superior to private practice podiatry.

I guarantee most PP DPMs would absolutely take a hospital employed job if it was given to them.

Reactions: 4 users
I just wanted to interject about the hospital employed pod doom and gloom. This has been mentioned several times already but… nobody else wants to do diabetic foot pus so this will always be available to pods. In an RVU comp model, these types of cases are an absolute goldmine for pods. As in you are generating considerably more RVUs per hour doing diabetic foot pus than doing forefoot recon crap. These jobs aren’t going anywhere.
Right, I think the hospital based jobs are usually the way to go. Not arguing that at all.

My original comment was just how hospital jobs relate to the over saturated market in my particular area is all. But this is getting away from the original topic and I don't think I am articulating as clearly as I think I am so I will leave it alone at this.

Right, I think the hospital based jobs are usually the way to go. Not arguing that at all.

My original comment was just how hospital jobs relate to the over saturated market in my particular area is all. But this is getting away from the original topic and I don't think I am articulating as clearly as I think I am so I will leave it alone at this.
No, I think we get what you are saying. Pods are being driven towards pus, away from the big recon as there are only more and more well trained FA Ortho out there that are going to take this. Podiatry (90 percent of employed pods) has a place in hospitals. It's in Pus. Great example of this is Houston. And Dallas. If you go rural you can have it all. That is what I have done.

I’m in a large MSG/hospital system in a large metro city that I consider to be fairly saturated with pods (a lot of good strong pods and also some shady ones) that are in a mix of PP and competing hospital systems.The ortho department wants me to maximize my Scope of practice and encourage me to do so. The chief of ortho rather have me fixing ankle fractures than dealing with foot pus. If you show and demonstrate your value and your attitude, I don’t see how that could work against you (again no promises of course). I’m fortunate to be living and working in a city that I want to be in that is not rural and compensated very well. They will actually be increasing my comp and RVU scale soon.

One thing to add about being a hospital employed podiatrist. Not all hospital employed positions are pus or even trauma. Some hospital systems have bought the majority of PP podiatrists offices in certain unsaturated markets.

Some hospital employed podiatrists are just office based podiatrists that are mainly in office, doing elective surgery maybe one morning a week with only an occasional hospital patient. Basically similar to PP but no DME, PCRs or laser toenail treatments etc for profit. They will not make the same salary, but also will not work as many hours as the PUS hospital employed podiatrists.

I’m in a large MSG/hospital system in a large metro city that I consider to be fairly saturated with pods (a lot of good strong pods and also some shady ones) that are in a mix of PP and competing hospital systems.The ortho department wants me to maximize my Scope of practice and encourage me to do so. The chief of ortho rather have me fixing ankle fractures than dealing with foot pus. If you show and demonstrate your value and your attitude, I don’t see how that could work against you (again no promises of course). I’m fortunate to be living and working in a city that I want to be in that is not rural and compensated very well. They will actually be increasing my comp and RVU scale soon.
Thats the way it should be, and the way that I think maybe the top 20-35% of surgically trained Pods can contribute to any healthcare system. Sounds like you found a great spot!

This is geographic in nature. You know this. You also know if there was a foot and ankle orthopod on staff or a bunch of ortho traumatologists that your exposure to ankle trauma would be minimized.

Can a hospital employed podiatrist still have a well rounded practice? Yes absolutely.

I’m at a large academic trauma center. We serve a million people radius. I have 3 ortho traumatologists and two other DPMs I work with. Yet I still get some foot and ankle trauma.

Smaller community hospitals podiatrists may struggle with those same staffing dynamics.

This is geographic in nature. You know this. You also know if there was a foot and ankle orthopod on staff or a bunch of ortho traumatologists that your exposure to ankle trauma would be minimized.

Can a hospital employed podiatrist still have a well rounded practice? Yes absolutely.

I’m at a large academic trauma center. We serve a million people radius. I have 3 ortho traumatologists and two other DPMs I work with. Yet I still get some foot and ankle trauma.

Smaller community hospitals podiatrists may struggle with those same staffing dynamics.

Yes 100% correct. There are orthopods in my group and we all share pathology. Granted they get referrals for the more complex stuff but that is totally fine with me. We work together on cases and they ask for my opinion. There is no ego between us. We do not have an ortho trauma doc in our group but there are a few in surrounding private ortho groups that do most of it. Again fine with me. I rather do the garden variety bi-mals than train wreck trauma.

Some may see this as a con because they want to do anything and everything and post about it. Good for you. I value my personal family life more than podiatry or work. As long as my work is fulfilling and my practice is balanced with a little bit of everything, I’m happy. And of course, being paid well. No one does sh** for anything less.

Reactions: 6 users

ASSOCIATE POSITION – WAYNE, NEW JERSEY

FT position. $200K starting base salary. Includes health insurance, malpractice, bonus opportunity, paid vacation. Well established, single location, over a decade in practice. Office has been recently renovated. Position has high financial growth potential for those that are motivated. Private practice experience recommended, but not required. Email CV to [email protected]

Are we doctors? Or are we "business" persons?
High financial growth potential means what exactly? See more patients? Provide better service and get better outcomes? Or just bill more crap that someone else pays for?

I look forward to the day that fee for service goes away. It is coming. Probably shouldn't have gotten that RVUZ 4 Life tattoo on my neck

• Haha
We are offering:
• Secure employment with established community health center• Welcoming, supportive and collegial atmosphere• Interesting NONSURGICAL Foot & Ankle practice covering 3 clinics • Convenient weekday schedule (40 hours)• No nights, no weekends, no holidays • Call is handled by phone only• Competitive salary with bonus income for each patient seen• Paid relocation assistance• Health insurance, life and disability insurance• Plenty of paid time off for vacations plus paid holidays• More paid leave plus a budget for your CME• Education debt assistance available

Eastport, Maine: We invite a skilled Podiatrist to join the medical staff of an established and growing multi-site FQHC/community health center offering services in primary care, dentistry and mental health plus podiatry and more.

This is a rewarding SOLO NONSURGICAL Foot & Ankle practice covering 3 clinics, to maximize patient access and convenience. You will have a flexible weekday schedule (40 hours, with no nights, no weekends and no holidays). You will practice in the health center’s headquarters in Eastport – a welcoming coastal community on the eastern tip of Maine, on bridge-connected Moose Island, adjacent to New Brunswick, Canada. You will also see patients in the larger city of Calais, half an hour north of Eastport, and in Machias, an hour west of Eastport. Rounding on area nursing homes will fill the balance of your week. Call is handled by phone only.

Become part of a community health center-based medical practice that credits its success to committed staff and dedicated patients. They offer patient-focused healthcare to thousands of area residents. This health center’s mission is to offer their patients, including many uninsured and underinsured, access to quality care. As part of the healthcare safety-net and a provider of choice for long-time residents of the region, the health center depends on strong relationships with other service organizations also targeting these residents.

You will earn a competitive salary based on experience, with bonus income for each patient seen. Benefits including paid relocation assistance, health insurance, life and disability insurance, plenty of paid time off for vacations, paid holidays, additional paid leave plus a budget for your CME, and more. Education debt assistance is also available.

Come to Washington County in eastern Maine and enjoy rural living in a coastal setting known for its hearty, friendly people, breathtaking vistas, fascinating wildlife, and numerous recreational options in every season. Idyllic harbors are dotted with working boats and pleasure craft. Maine’s famous Bold Coast is part of everyday life and available to all who live here. Enjoy bright, blooming springs, and autumn trees bursting with color. The 17,000 acre Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge is home to deer and moose, bald eagles, migratory and songbirds, and a variety of endangered species. Activities here include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing and snowmobiling in the wintertime, and hiking and biking, camping, hunting and fishing, golf, and all manner of boating during the warmer seasons.

Everything you need is here. Walmart plus small businesses and local grocers provide all the basics. You can enjoy browsing enchanting antique shops and art galleries and patronize local cafes and coffee houses along with restaurants serving the freshest seafood, pizza and more.

Enjoy an impressive quality of life among some of the safest towns in New England. Home settings include everything from ocean-view and lakefront properties to historic farms with abundant acreage, and interesting in-town homes. If you dream of country living, you can find it here. With excellent private, parochial and public schools, this is wonderful place for families or for empty-nesters.

Eastport is the easternmost city in the USA, with 1500 residents. Enjoy unique island life and be among the first Americans to see the sun rise every day. Eastport has a fun and unique arts community that includes an arts center, art galleries, musicians, community theater, and more. The nearby city of Calais is an important US/Canada crossing point, with three bridges spanning the river border between nations. Calais is a shopping destination for Mainers and Canadians around the area. A two-year community college is based there and a branch of the University of Maine, offering dozens of four-year programs, is in Machias.

Bangor, Maine’s third largest city, is two and a half hours from Eastport. Bangor has 100,000 residents and features an international airport, shopping malls and theaters, museums, a casino/hotel, riverfront music and art festivals, and more. Nearer to Eastport is Acadia National Park, with 50,000 public acres containing several picturesque mountains, “Golf Digest” level golf courses, popular campgrounds, a hundred miles of trails for hiking and biking, gorgeous coastline, and much more. Bar Harbor, adjacent to Acadia, is a tourist hotspot with dozens of restaurants and shops and tours that include whale watching.

Contact us today to explore your future in eastern Maine!

We are offering:
• Secure employment with established community health center• Welcoming, supportive and collegial atmosphere• Interesting NONSURGICAL Foot & Ankle practice covering 3 clinics • Convenient weekday schedule (40 hours)• No nights, no weekends, no holidays • Call is handled by phone only• Competitive salary with bonus income for each patient seen• Paid relocation assistance• Health insurance, life and disability insurance• Plenty of paid time off for vacations plus paid holidays• More paid leave plus a budget for your CME• Education debt assistance available

Eastport, Maine: We invite a skilled Podiatrist to join the medical staff of an established and growing multi-site FQHC/community health center offering services in primary care, dentistry and mental health plus podiatry and more.

This is a rewarding SOLO NONSURGICAL Foot & Ankle practice covering 3 clinics, to maximize patient access and convenience. You will have a flexible weekday schedule (40 hours, with no nights, no weekends and no holidays). You will practice in the health center’s headquarters in Eastport – a welcoming coastal community on the eastern tip of Maine, on bridge-connected Moose Island, adjacent to New Brunswick, Canada. You will also see patients in the larger city of Calais, half an hour north of Eastport, and in Machias, an hour west of Eastport. Rounding on area nursing homes will fill the balance of your week. Call is handled by phone only.

Become part of a community health center-based medical practice that credits its success to committed staff and dedicated patients. They offer patient-focused healthcare to thousands of area residents. This health center’s mission is to offer their patients, including many uninsured and underinsured, access to quality care. As part of the healthcare safety-net and a provider of choice for long-time residents of the region, the health center depends on strong relationships with other service organizations also targeting these residents.

You will earn a competitive salary based on experience, with bonus income for each patient seen. Benefits including paid relocation assistance, health insurance, life and disability insurance, plenty of paid time off for vacations, paid holidays, additional paid leave plus a budget for your CME, and more. Education debt assistance is also available.

Come to Washington County in eastern Maine and enjoy rural living in a coastal setting known for its hearty, friendly people, breathtaking vistas, fascinating wildlife, and numerous recreational options in every season. Idyllic harbors are dotted with working boats and pleasure craft. Maine’s famous Bold Coast is part of everyday life and available to all who live here. Enjoy bright, blooming springs, and autumn trees bursting with color. The 17,000 acre Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge is home to deer and moose, bald eagles, migratory and songbirds, and a variety of endangered species. Activities here include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing and snowmobiling in the wintertime, and hiking and biking, camping, hunting and fishing, golf, and all manner of boating during the warmer seasons.

Everything you need is here. Walmart plus small businesses and local grocers provide all the basics. You can enjoy browsing enchanting antique shops and art galleries and patronize local cafes and coffee houses along with restaurants serving the freshest seafood, pizza and more.

Enjoy an impressive quality of life among some of the safest towns in New England. Home settings include everything from ocean-view and lakefront properties to historic farms with abundant acreage, and interesting in-town homes. If you dream of country living, you can find it here. With excellent private, parochial and public schools, this is wonderful place for families or for empty-nesters.

Eastport is the easternmost city in the USA, with 1500 residents. Enjoy unique island life and be among the first Americans to see the sun rise every day. Eastport has a fun and unique arts community that includes an arts center, art galleries, musicians, community theater, and more. The nearby city of Calais is an important US/Canada crossing point, with three bridges spanning the river border between nations. Calais is a shopping destination for Mainers and Canadians around the area. A two-year community college is based there and a branch of the University of Maine, offering dozens of four-year programs, is in Machias.

Bangor, Maine’s third largest city, is two and a half hours from Eastport. Bangor has 100,000 residents and features an international airport, shopping malls and theaters, museums, a casino/hotel, riverfront music and art festivals, and more. Nearer to Eastport is Acadia National Park, with 50,000 public acres containing several picturesque mountains, “Golf Digest” level golf courses, popular campgrounds, a hundred miles of trails for hiking and biking, gorgeous coastline, and much more. Bar Harbor, adjacent to Acadia, is a tourist hotspot with dozens of restaurants and shops and tours that include whale watching.

Contact us today to explore your future in eastern Maine!
Non op job. Get away from the rat race. FQHC. Maybe write a autobiographical TV sitcom script. Zero competition east of you.

All this driving for a non op job. Lovely.

Any of you folks familiar with Upperline Health?

Any of you folks familiar with Upperline Health?

Don’t do it. Another podiatry supergroup designed to pay just above the average private practice contract with actual benefits but they make it impossible to bonus. By the time you have bonused you have made them significant amount of money. Them being the “partners” who are all ex APMA presidents and people who “lobby” for our rights.

The pathway to partnership for this particular group is vague and unclear.

Reactions: 4 users
Don’t do it. Another podiatry supergroup designed to pay just above the average private practice contract with actual benefits but they make it impossible to bonus. By the time you have bonused you have made them significant amount of money. Them being the “partners” who are all ex APMA presidents and people who “lobby” for our rights.

The pathway to partnership for this particular group is vague and unclear.
Agree, but you probably get enough money to eat on and enough cases for boards. Don't buy a new house or new SUV. There are worse jobs one could have for a few years, before hopefully moving on. Sadly in a desirable location it might be somewhat competitive to even get the job.

Job with MGMA salary. Includes nursing home patients. Must be board certified by ABFAS or obtain in 3 years.

Auburn Memorial Medical Services, the largest multi-speciality medical group in Cayuga County is currently seeking a Full Time Podiatrist to join our group. This opportunity will be based out of the Auburn Community Hospital Medical Building. You will experience challenging cases and have immediate access to primary care and specialist physician consults.

This position would mainly be in our out-patient practice but would also see patients at our 5-star nursing home, Finger Lakes Center for Living.

We offer a competitve salary (based on MGMA data), exceptional benefits, paid malpractice insurance, paid time off, 403B retirement plan with match.

Requirements for this opportunity include:

• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
  • Succesful completion of an accredited Podiatry residency program
  • Board certification through the American Board of Podiatric Surgery - or obtain within 3 years
  • Obtain New York medical licensure
  • Valid DEA

Last edited:
$75,000-100,000 opportunity in Michigan. They want someone who is "well-rounded in foot surgery." 7 years to become a foot surgeon to make the same as a manager at Mcdonald's. Yikes!

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.41.11 AM.png

• Dislike
  • Sad
  • Haha
$75,000-100,000 opportunity in Michigan. They want someone who is "well-rounded in foot surgery." 7 years to become a foot surgeon to make the same as a manager at Mcdonald's. Yikes!
I would say that whomever applies for this job probably has decent leverage to ask for more considering the status of this practice.

Capture.JPG

• Haha
I would say that whomever applies for this job, probably has decent leverage to ask for more considering the status of this practice.View attachment 363035
yes I went to the website as well hoping to find the style of mustache the practice owner was rocking only to be disappointed that it appears this practice is going down the toilet. as evidenced by recent reviews online as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.