ACOM vs BCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheWolfOfMainStreet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Accepted to both schools and leaning towards ACOM at this point.

I know how I feel about the people, facilities, and place for each (people and facilities were better at ACOM in my opinion, while location was a slight BCOM win). I also know that ACOM is a little more established and has access to federal loans from year 1.

Really just looking to see if there are any big pros or cons of either school that I should be aware of before I commit. (we have till December 14 to decide for ACOM, while BCOM already swallowed my $3K deposit)

Won't be sending ACOM a deposit till December so I can see if I get any other interviews in the meantime, but just trying to gauge a comparison of the two schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

1st year BCOM student here: I also interviewed at ACOM. I think both are great schools, and you will do fine with whichever school you choose. My advice to you would be to choose the school that you think fits your learning style. Look at the curriculum, look at the location, reflect on how you felt about each school - did you enjoy your time there? What does your gut tell you to do? The reality of being a new school is that no one knows how well we will do, that being said, I think the school is very solid. There are still some rough edges, but those will be largely gone by the time you matriculate. From what I've experienced, BCOM is extremely hard. I don't get weekends off, or days off. We just took our MSK final, and I went home to get lunch, then back to the library and studied until 10:30 pm. If you choose to go to BCOM, be prepared to work. I remember ACOM being pretty laid back, but their first year match results are pretty solid. Again, you'll be fine with either one.

Best of luck, and congratulations!

Edit: You will (highly likely) be eligible for Title IV loans by your second semester - so you'll need to borrow about 25k from a private institution, not the full 50k (they split the cost up). Spring tuition is due in November, we should have Title IV loans by then. Start saving you money!