ACGME Resident Survey - Can PDs see who did not complete it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

placebo88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year I was slammed with work and missed the deadline for the ACGME Resident Survey. I’m a PGY3 in an IM program and our PD makes a big deal of the survey and has been pushing for a 100% response rate.

I’m worried because I was told that they can see who has not responded to the survey. Yet according to the ACGME website it looks like this information is only available during the survey window. So unless they are checking the list up until the deadline there is no way they can tell who completed the survey or not.

I saw my PD this week and she didn’t mention anything to me. I’m sure if she knew I didn’t fill it out she would have expressed her disappointment.

Can anyone clarify this? Maybe a PD lol

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you're correct, we can see whom has not completed the survey until it is closed. Most programs will look right before closure, so will know. We do get our completion percentage as part of the report, so you can't say "Oh sure I completed it, must have been after you checked"

My programs in both residency and fellowship would send out weekly lists of what residents haven't completed the survey yet. No idea whether they could see it after the survey closed - they insisted we do it.

My programs in both residency and fellowship would send out weekly lists of what residents haven't completed the survey yet. No idea whether they could see it after the survey closed - they insisted we do it.

Same. You have like a month to do it IIRC. No one's busy every single moment in a month.

Reactions: 1 users
It takes like 10minutes even if you are thorough

Reactions: 1 user