ACFAS and AOFAS announce joint partnership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
his wife left him for a podiatrist
Haha. I had something like that on the tip of my tongue.

My wife: please, please, please stop talking about how Humana is defrauding you.

That guy's wife: please stop talking about podiatrists.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
If I am not mistaken that article was completely picked apart by Lee Rogers in a rebuttle/letter to the editor. Its 100% biased against DPMs from the start with selective statistics.

He is cherry picking cases to make his point.

I have a F&A ortho in my area that has major complications and patients are in my office for revision.

I have some of MY patients in his office asking for revision due to my complications.

It goes both ways. I always tell patients during preop discussion "if you ever meet a surgeon who he or she says they never had a complication with surgery politely decline the case because they are lying".

I did around 3,000 separate F&A surgeries in Residency training under general surgery, general ortho, F&A ortho, and podiatrists. Operated sun up to sun down and often late into the night. I guess im not qualified though based on his cherry picked situations.

He is obviously threatened by our training.

- -
Edit the article I was remembering was a different campaign bash article against DPMs. https://cdn-links.lww.com/permalink/jbjsel/a/jbjsel_101_2_2019_04_03_chan_1701555-el01_sdc1.pdf

Regardless its well known that podiatrists get the diabetic, neuropathic, and arterial disease ankles. I have a really good relationship with ortho in my area and we send patients back and forth all the time. As far as I know there is no bad blood between any of us.

I do seem to get all the high risk complication ankle fractures referred to me though because "podiatry are diabetic experts". From time to time I also get their dehisced wounds sent to me heal because "They are better at wound care" which is probably true but I dont want their surgical complications.
The rebuttal was public but was never really shared throughout the profession like it should have. Nobody even knows it exists for the most part.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
Naan DerThaal
A high school classmate of the lesser 3/5 of N’Sync, Naan DerThaal spent a number of years mired in mediocrity before finding his true calling, writing snarky anonymous internet commentary. He is a multi-time participation trophy recipient in Little League Baseball and has appeared on TV numerous times in the background of sporting events. He enjoys head-butting Lionfish and wrestling seasnakes in his free time and can often be seen dragging a mallet around the hospital. Follow him on Twitter @NaanDerthaal

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like someone has stepped out of the shadows to challenge this guy. It is entertaining

Waiting someone to show him Weinraub’s paper for lower complication rate of pod doing ankle fracture vs ortho

Reactions: 5 users
Spot on.

Either they make podiatry non-surgical like most of Europe and Canada or only a few *cough*cough* great podiatric surgeons will be allowed to only do fore-foot surgery.

Kiss rearfoot and ankle surgery good bye.

Imagine the look on their faces when the realize they now have to do all the diabetic foot infection cases.

Part of me hopes it happens out of spite.

I would be interested to hear what @diabeticfootdr has to say about this as he is the closest person to the APMA that navigates this board
I think the APMA could've done a better job in messaging. Ultimately, the parity goal is admirable.

The ABPM issued a statement in support of the Joint Task Force stated goal that the CPME-recognized boards "should meet comparable standards as set forth by the American Board of Multiple Specialties."

Attached.

Attachments

• ABPM_Statement on AMA Resolution_5-24-21.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 96