ACFAS 2024 SDN meetup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going? I will be there. Last year was blessed to meet up with the King Lobster himself @Adam Smasher also @mallelousman and a few others.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
You won't be dining on lobster this year

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope they've included ABPM in the invitations this year. It was quite awkward last year.

Regardless of any disagreements, it's important to remember that most podiatrists in the US are certified by ABPM.

It's out of respect and recognition of professional standards within our profession.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I will be there, txt at me dawg.
Hip Hop Rap GIF

I hope they've included ABPM in the invitations this year...
...most podiatrists in the US are certified by ABPM.

...It's out of respect and recognition of professional standards within our profession.
"Most podiatrists in the US are certified by ABPM"? No, sorry. ABFAS has more... always has.
ABFAS (was ABPS) is the older board; it's the original and real board.
ABPM (was ABPOPPM) is the alternate board.
All of our residencies are now surgical. The majority pass ABFAS.

ABPM is a bit more popular than it was (back in ABPOPPM day) because it's a "board certified" way to get hospital privileges (something much more important to most DPMs than in years past). Maybe that is what you meant to say? However, its ABPM cert members are thousands less than ABFAS... because ABPM is the alternate board. Most podiatrists drop ABPM once they get ABFAS - is they ever do ABPM at all. ABPM is all fine and good (assuming it eventually rebuilds from the 2023 board of director impeach vote + walkout), but not striving for ABFAS is a great way for any DPM to limit or cripple their career.

...ACFAS Can do whatever they want. They can invite who they want.

...What kind of "respect and recognition" is starting a fake surgery CAQ by the non-surgical board?
lucious lyon wtf GIF

The walkout of ABPM board of directors after attempts to impeach the ABPM president speaks for itself, man. They are now sitting on an expired president the ABPM exec director and board of directors people walked out on... and now the bogus appointee goofballs he put in there. It would be like if your school professors voted the dean out, then he managed to stay in power AND put in new professors. Wake up. Their own ABPM members should be upset (their real board sure was!)... and you bet other podiatry organizations were upset with the circus.

Last edited:
I will be there, txt at me dawg.
Hip Hop Rap GIF

"Most podiatrists in the US are certified by ABPM"? No, sorry. ABFAS has more... always has.
ABFAS (was ABPS) is the older board; it's the original and real board.
ABPM (was ABPOPPM) is the alternate board.
All of our residencies are now surgical. The majority pass ABFAS.

ABPM is a bit more popular than it was (back in ABPOPPM day) because it's a "board certified" way to get hospital privileges (something much more important to most DPMs than in years past). Maybe that is what you meant to say? However, its ABPM cert members are thousands less than ABFAS... because ABPM is the alternate board. Most podiatrists drop ABPM once they get ABFAS - is they ever do ABPM at all. ABPM is all fine and good (assuming it eventually rebuilds from the 2023 board of director impeach vote + walkout), but not striving for ABFAS is a great way for any DPM to limit or cripple their career.

...ACFAS Can do whatever they want. They can invite who they want.

...What kind of "respect and recognition" is starting a fake surgery CAQ by the non-surgical board?
lucious lyon wtf GIF

The walkout of ABPM board of directors after attempts to impeach the ABPM president speaks for itself, man. They are now sitting on an expired president the ABPM exec director and board of directors people walked out on... and now the bogus appointee goofballs he put in there. It would be like if your school professors voted the dean out, then he managed to stay in power AND put in new professors. Wake up. Their own ABPM members should be upset (their real board sure was!)... and you bet other podiatry organizations were upset with the circus.

From my understanding the numbers between the certifications were close. If I'm wrong in saying that most are ABPM certified, then I apologize. But what's really important is the significant number of podiatrists who hold ABPM certification. Personally, I'm aiming for ABFAS certification.

According to the ABFAS website, the pass rate is 83%, leaving about 17% who don’t pass. Given this situation, what would you recommend for those who are exploring their options after not passing the ABFAS exam?

Anyway, I hope you all have a great time at the event. The venue looks fantastic!

Probably better for another thread but
83% not really accurate. ABFAS pass rates suggest you will not RRA certify
If you want to measure true pass rate in my opinion it should be: #of podiatrists that take the ABFAS qualifications exams/ # of podiatrists that become RRA + Forefoot certified. But if you count half of the foot as full certification then the numbers go up. Or if you count passing the qualification, but failing the certification then numbers go up again. Not to mention first time pass rates, once again if you omit this then the numbers go up

In total there are about 6,000 ABPM diplomates and 8,000 ABFAS diplomates.

But yes I will be there. Probably will not recognize any of us

Last edited:
Probably better for another thread but
83% not really accurate. ABFAS pass rates suggest you will not RRA certify
If you want to measure true pass rate in my opinion it should be: #of podiatrists that take the ABFAS qualifications exams/ # of podiatrists that become RRA + Forefoot certified. But if you count half of the foot as full certification then the numbers go up. Or if you count passing the qualification, but failing the certification then numbers go up again. Not to mention first time pass rates, once again if you omit this then the numbers go up

In total there are about 6,000 ABPM diplomates and 8,000 ABFAS diplomates.

But yes I will be there. Probably will not recognize any of us
Right, but I am saying those that want to reveal their true identity (at least public facing) can do so. Or we can do something like masked singer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Right, but I am saying those that want to reveal their true identity (at least public facing) can do so. Or we can do something like masked singer.
SDN showing up to ACFAS like

4CCEA033-83B9-469A-B2A2-4FFD0B2438A0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Feli is gonna pull up wearing an ABFAS polo, and the ABFAS BOD will start chanting “one of us, one of us, one of us!”

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ordered

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240116_152611_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240116_152611_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
Awesome. Count me in. I will be there Friday-Sunday. I am a hardcore ABPM guy so I might be a little out of place.

But I do agree with most of the common themed podiatry problems that we talk about here on SDN. Cannot wait to meet you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome. Count me in. I will be there Friday-Sunday. I am a hardcore ABPM guy so I might be a little out of place.

But I do agree with most of the common themed podiatry problems that we talk about here on SDN. Cannot wait to meet you guys.
DM incoming. All the normal posters on here know each other and have met here and there. And anonymity is certainly respected but if you don't want to not a big deal and this goes for everybody.

DM incoming. All the normal posters on here know each other and have met here and there. And anonymity is certainly respected but if you don't want to not a big deal and this goes for everybody.
What about the abnormal posters?

How much do you guys charge for autographs? Will @Adam Smasher rock a royal lobster robe? Will @Feli be crowned King of ABFAS? How many mustache mustache mustache? So many questions on my mind…

Are we sure this isn't a trap set by the APMA cheerleaders and Deans of the schools to gather and exterminate the SDN threat once and for all. I can see the news story already:

"12 Disgruntled and Bitter Podiatrists Killed in Unusual Explosion"
This morning 12 mostly non-fellowship trained podiatrists were killed in a explosion in Tampa. The podiatrists appear to all be members of a online messaging board, known as SDN. Witness to the accident, Lee Rogers had this to say, "I'm not sure what happened, there was a loud noise and a bright light, but I could tell the victims were obviously unhappy individuals who cared for little else but money and themselves." Another witness had this to say, "I'm Doug Richie, inventor of the famed Richie Brace, huh? the accident? Oh yeah I saw it, it was tragic... did I tell you about the Richie Brace?" Investigators are still searching for a cause of the explosion but are doubtful the origin will ever be discovered. The APMA had no comment on the matter, but the BOD were seen laughing manically when told of the incident. ABFAS released a statement mourning the loss of board champion, Dr. Feli, but remained noticeably silent regarding the other lost souls. ABPM elected to form a committee to formulate a response but were dismayed by the lack of collaboration from the podiatric community, they ultimately released the following statement regarding the incident, "ABFAS are nothing but a bunch of bullies." A tragic but fitting end as the SDN podiatrists play a small role in combatting the over saturation they despised. More details as available.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I'll be handing out account bans with every Old Fashion on my tab.

Edit: Am kidding. Don't report me. Not even going.

Last edited:
  • Haha
How much do you guys charge for autographs? Will @Adam Smasher rock a royal lobster robe? Will @Feli be crowned King of ABFAS? How many mustache mustache mustache? So many questions on my mind…
haha I'm not coming this year, I'm not surgical enough to justify ACFAS trips every year. Maybe next year, definitely wanna go to Las Vegas in 2026

Vegas, I'd go. Tampa, oh hell nah.

Reactions: 3 users
Are we sure this isn't a trap set by the APMA cheerleaders and Deans of the schools to gather and exterminate the SDN threat once and for all. I can see the news story already:

This morning 12 mostly non-fellowship trained podiatrists were killed in a explosion in Tampa. The podiatrists appear to all be members of a online messaging board, known as SDN. Witness to the accident, Lee Rogers had this to say, "I'm not sure what happened, there was a loud noise and a bright light, but I could tell the victims were obviously unhappy individuals who cared for little else but money and themselves." Another witness had this to say, "I'm Doug Richie, inventor of the famed Richie Brace, huh? the accident? Oh yeah I saw it, it was tragic... did I tell you about the Richie Brace?" Investigators are still searching for a cause of the explosion but are doubtful the origin will ever be discovered. The APMA had no comment on the matter, but the BOD were seen laughing manically when told of the incident. ABFAS released a statement mourning the loss of board champion, Dr. Feli, but remained noticeably silent regarding the other lost souls. ABPM elected to form a committee to formulate a response but were dismayed by the lack of collaboration from the podiatric community, they ultimately released the following statement regarding the incident, "ABFAS are nothing but a bunch of bullies." A tragic but fitting end as the SDN podiatrists play a small role in combatting the over saturation they despised. More details as available.
IMG_1073.jpeg

• Haha

This morning 12 mostly non-fellowship trained podiatrists were killed in an explosion in Tampa. The podiatrists appear to all be members of an online messaging board, known as SDN. Witness to the accident, Lee Rogers had this to say, "I'm not sure what happened, there was a loud noise and a bright light, but I could tell the victims were obviously unhappy individuals who cared for little else but money and themselves." Another witness had this to say, "I'm Doug Richie, inventor of the famed Richie Brace, huh? the accident? Oh yeah I saw it, it was tragic... did I tell you about the Richie Brace?" Investigators are still searching for a cause of the explosion but are doubtful the origin will ever be discovered. The APMA had no comment on the matter, but the BOD were seen laughing manically when told of the incident. ABFAS released a statement mourning the loss of board champion, Dr. Feli, but remained noticeably silent regarding the other lost souls. ABPM elected to form a committee to formulate a response but were dismayed by the lack of collaboration from the podiatric community, they ultimately released the following statement regarding the incident, "ABFAS are nothing but a bunch of bullies." A tragic but fitting end as the SDN podiatrists play a small role in combatting the over saturation they despised. More details as available.
This is like Sun Tzu meets Dr. Scholl’s in a strategic mashup of predicting foot movement. The ACFAS conference is buzzing with excitement this year. I’m half tempted to slip in wearing Crocs just to hear the gasps of shock and disappointment.

This is like Sun Tzu meets Dr. Scholl’s in a strategic mashup of predicting foot movement. The ACFAS conference is buzzing with excitement this year. I’m half tempted to slip in wearing Crocs just to hear the gasps of shock and disappointment.
Crocs are accepted as they are standard operating room footwear for big time surgeons. And as an ACFAS diplomate, this is what we do. Operate and surgerize.

Crocs are accepted as they are standard operating room footwear for big time surgeons. And as an ACFAS diplomate, this is what we do. Operate and surgerize.
You’re right. I stand corrected. Thank you, ACFAS diplomate (non-fellowship).

You’re right. I stand corrected. Thank you, ACFAS diplomate (non-fellowship).
Ah, I see you are not of that ilk. Many things wrong here. I don't believe anyone is a diplomate of ACFAS in terms of its organizational structure. People can be diplomates of ABFAS, whereby I am thus a fellow, as I am board certified in both foot surgery and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery. We are all stupider for having read this, and already being stupid enough to become a podiatrist in the first place, may our Lord and Savior Dr. Mcglamry grant mercy on our soul and nail nippers.
Sincerely AirBud DPM FACFAS

• Haha

Enter the room wearing Five Fingers (if you can still find them) if you want to cause a scene.

Come on people who is going? @Feli is buying drinks. But something tells me his is a well liquor type of guy....

Ok need a final count who is in

I will attend. Friday day would be preferable. Props to you for organizing.

New members requesting into the circle of trust....not sure we can allow that

Never meet your heroes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
SDN people meeting at an ACFAS conference is definitely an ABFAS honeypot.

When you see the geezes lurking at the bar stools to the left with their Stella’s and wines, it’s already too late.

Is anyone at the conference keeping a tally of mustaches?
This ain't that kinda meeting, sir.

Some ppl do beards and goatee as it is winter, but I think the Travis Kelce stache fad from a few months ago is fading... he's on to beard now.

....Try apma infomercial meetings for that mustache mania? ;)

This ain't that kinda meeting, sir.

Some ppl do beards and goatee as it is winter, but I think the Travis Kelce stache fad from a few months ago is fading... he's on to beard now.

....Try apma infomercial meetings for that mustache mania? ;)
Tay Tay got swept off her feet by the stache.