ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) effect on residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medder33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My ex made false criminal alligations and DA office willing to offer me an ACD ( adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) , meaning charges get automatically dropped in a year assuming i don't get arrested or get into trouble etc. Anyone know or have experience if accepting an acd can impact residency ( supposed to start this july) or have any bearing on my future as a physician?

Also I know after first year of residency people apply for a license not sure how this works or if it would not be until a year after we start ie june- july which by then charges should drop..

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Talk with a lawyer familiar with licensing and hospital credentialing. This will be a huge pain if you have to declare this on all your hospital credentialing documentation your entire career. Well worth a consultation fee for professional advice in this situation which likely has a lot of specifics you don't want to share online.

Reactions: 1 users
Also I know after first year of residency people apply for a license
Btw, this is state dependent. So depending on where you got the information, it may or may not actually apply to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Also I know after first year of residency people apply for a license not sure how this works or if it would not be until a year after we start ie june- july which by then charges should drop..

Thanks!

This depends on your state and where you did medical school. There's plenty of states where you have a training license all throughout your residency - I know PGY6s without a permanent license.

Reactions: 1 user