ACCM Certification Maintenance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

propofolgtt

Reaction score
Is there a minimum amount of critical care you must practice per year in order to maintain your certification?
I am asking as someone who is considering joining a practice that is currently anesthesiology only but is looking to expand to critical care in the next several years.

Members don't see this ad.

Board cert will matter less than credentialing. Most hospitals will want to see that you have taken care of X patients in the ICU in the past 1-2 years so if you go years without stepping foot in an ICU you might face some (not impossible) hurdles in credentialing.

Reactions: 1 user
I do not believe that there are any practice requirements to maintain ABA certification in critical care. One just has the extra fee each year, and some of the MOCA minute questions will be geared towards CCM. Credentialing may be an issue in a few years, though. I would recommend at least doing some CCM locums during vacation weeks or weekends/holidays off to maintain skills and familiarity (and show some continued practice for credentialing).

Reactions: 1 user