Accidentally Applied EDP... HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newman8541

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I mistakenly applied to Ohio State's EDP not realizing that I potentially wouldn't be allowed to apply anywhere else until October 1st. OSU would definitely be my first choice but I would really be thrilled to go to any med school anywhere. I have average stats (511 MCAT and 3.7 GPA) for their program. Did I just screw myself over?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you're stuck applying EDP, but look at it pragmatically. They're you're number 1, you're showing intent to matriculate there, and you're a reasonable candidate (taking your word on this, not looking it up). Maybe you find out October 1 you're set, save a bunch of money, don't have to go through the crazy application process. Maybe you find out OSU said no thanks. You get to reapply there as a regular applicant, and you get to be a somewhat late applicant for whichever other schools you want. Even if you get in nowhere this year, you're only looking at a year. If you're a traditional applicant, I promise you, that year is not a big deal as long as you can arrange enough work to remain financially stable

Reactions: 2 users
So I mistakenly applied to Ohio State's EDP not realizing that I potentially wouldn't be allowed to apply anywhere else until October 1st. OSU would definitely be my first choice but I would really be thrilled to go to any med school anywhere. I have average stats (511 MCAT and 3.7 GPA) for their program. Did I just screw myself over?

Thanks in advance for any advice
This might be a stupid question, but how would you know if you had applied Early Decision? Do schools have an Early Decision option on AMCAS in addition to it's Regular MD option? Or is there a different process to apply Early Decision?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
you have violated AMCAS policies by applying to any EDP program AND other programs. I do not know how AMCAS would resolve this issue if it raises a red flag on their system, which it should.
I did not apply EDP and all my schools are regular MD. I was just wondering how you can "mistakenly apply" EDP since I'm not too familiar with ED programs.

This might be a stupid question, but how would you know if you had applied Early Decision? Do schools have an Early Decision option on AMCAS in addition to it's Regular MD option? Or is there a different process to apply Early Decision?

There was a certain place where you add medical schools on the AMCAS app where you could select EDP. I applied to OSU EDP first since it had the earliest deadline, thinking I would apply regular to other schools afterward. However, after I have submitted the EDP secondary, AMCAS won't allow me to apply anywhere else anymore