Accepted UNC Applicants 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wa$$updoc

Reaction score
This group is for accepted students to ask questions and interact without causing a heart attack/panic to all of those in the normal thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone want to discuss

- Housing (roommates?)

- Financial aid (Does unc do any merit aid?)

Hi!! I sent my transcripts about a month ago but they still say "awaiting" on my portal...is this the same for everyone? I hope they didn't get lost in a pile of paperwork somewhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!! I sent my transcripts about a month ago but they still say "awaiting" on my portal...is this the same for everyone? I hope they didn't get lost in a pile of paperwork somewhere...
I sent mine a while ago as well, they are not due until July I believe, so I imagine they wont review them until they confirm you are going a little later on in the cycle :)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone want to discuss

- Housing (roommates?)

- Financial aid (Does unc do any merit aid?)
Housing around Chapel Hill is quite expensive, I am looking outside of it and trying to get under a 15-20 minute commute

Very curious to hear about the financial aid side of things in terms of whether any merit scholarships are awarded. Wonder if anyone has had any luck trying to challenge residency status after spending a year in NC.

Yeah I sent an email to admissions. They said it will take some time since one person is personally going through all of our transcripts.

Housing around Chapel Hill is quite expensive, I am looking outside of it and trying to get under a 15-20 minute commute
Hi! Did you get invited to the facebook group? they posted a housing/roommate spreadsheet on there! as a former unc undergrad, can def confirm that housing is expensive. BUT a lot of people live in houses nearby campus which can be a lot cheaper when split with several roommates!

Can anyone else see UNC SOM in the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS? I don't think they've released accepted applicants data yet to AMCAS, but I wanted to make sure there isn't a glitch on my end.

Can anyone else see UNC SOM in the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS? I don't think they've released accepted applicants data yet to AMCAS, but I wanted to make sure there isn't a glitch on my end.

It was a little glitchy for me giving an error earlier this morning, but it showed up later.

It still isn't there for me yet

mine is still not there either :(
I know this won’t stop you from going back to make sure you really did get accepted lol but it doesnt appear like we are the only ones (a few people messaged me) I say we wait it out another day or two

Hey everyone, I got an email invite to the facebook group but I don't use facebook. Is there a groupme for students enrolling in UNCSOM?