Acceptance Thread 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GPA---3.1 --with B.A
GRE---1110

Acceptances: --Columbia University - Health Policy (March 31 by email)
--Boston University - International Health (April 4 by mail)
Rejections - Yale, GWU

Waiting on: OSU, Oxford, LSE

Really bad stats but extensive volunteer and research experiences in public health

Members don't see this ad.

GPA: 3.95 (Psych major, Womens Studies minor)
GRE: 1120 (540 V, 580 Q, 4.5 Writing) <---- not the best, I know
  • Worked the past 9 months as a clinical research assistant following undergrad, graduated school a year early
  • Plan on being a Peace Corps Volunteer through the MI Program
Application was complete on SOPHAS in the beginning of December and sent to my schools on Jan. 4th or 5th.

Acceptances: :)

BU, MPH International Health- email on Jan 17th (or maybe a few days earlier?)
Tulane, MPH Global Maternal and Child Health- email on Jan 17th, found out about $5,000 Dean's Grant on Feb 13th by email
GW, MPH Global Health- email on Feb 1
UAB, MPH MCH International and Global Health Studies- email on Feb 1, found out about in-state tuition plus scholarship on March 16 or 17- letter in the mail

Rejection: :(

Emory- MPH Reproductive Health/Population Studies- found out sometime in late Feb or early March through OPUS

I have no clue where I'm going yet... Pressure's on!

profile:
1)I completed my MBBS. with 61% marks on aggregate with no backlogs
2) My toefl score was 263(cbt, with writing 4.0)
3) My gre scores are 1100 (verbal 370, quant 730,awa 3.0)

I had also done two research projects in my college, most are them are field based.i also has 1year internship work experience(including 2 months rural work experience background)*

admitted till now:
  • [*]univ of Alabama Birmingham.
    [*]univ of mass Amherst (with international student tuition wavier)
    [*]univ of Illinois Chicago
    [*]st Louis univ

[/LIST]
rejects

1. [*]brown univ.
    [*]suny albnay

Members don't see this ad :)
Admitted:

GWU- MPH Global Health (March 1) -by email
Drexel- MPH Community Health and Prevention (March 2) - by mail
Tulane- MPH Global Maternal and Child Health (March 9) - by email
BU- MPH Health Policy and Management (April 2) - by mail

Rejected:
Yale - MPH Social and Behavioural Sciences (March 16)

Still Waiting:
BU (MBA half of MPH/MBA), LLU, SLU, LSHTM

Stats:
3.0 GPA, 1240 GRE (580-V, 660-Q, 5.5-A)

Just heard back from the UT-Houston HSC. I got accepted to the Dallas regional MPH program! I'm still waiting to hear back from the Postbac program at UNTHSC, but if that doesn't work out, this is what I'll be doing in the fall. Yay!

just found out yesterday morning that I was accepted to the Master's of Health Administration program at Indiana University;

i'm still waiting for Washington State University, George Washington University, and University of Iowa.

I heard one of my friends say that the health administration program at Indiana university is pretty good; I didn't understand why it wasn't ranked with the 2008 rankings :( Could this mean that it's not what it's cracked up to be or something? I mean, Indiana U has everything that I'm looking for, such as, a medical school, health administraiton, and healthcare informatics wiht the Regenstrief Institute

I received a letter today for my acceptance at the University of Minnesota (Maternal and Child Health). I didn't have everything in until February 22nd due to a very late recommendation. SOPHAS then took another 2 weeks to send out my application, but I actually expected it to take a bit longer than it did for the U to get through everything. This is the only place that I applied, as I didn't really want to have to move my son away from all of our family and friends.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

I'm in at San Diego State University..... for Health Promotion. Yay!

:)

Well, not only did I get accepted to Indiana University for health administration BUT I just found out that I got accepted at George Washington University (GWU) for health administration

Accepted: Indiana University and GWU

In today at the University of Arizona for their MS in epidemiology (took 'em long enough!) but will be attending Berkeley for the MPH in epi/biostats...

2.9 GPA
1240 GRE (520V, 720 Q)
rejected: Yale, GWU
accepted: SUNY Albany ( MS in Immunology and Infectious Disease), UPitt (MPH in Infectious Disease and Microbiology)
still waiting on: Hopkins

2.9 GPA
1240 GRE (520V, 720 Q)
rejected: Yale, GWU
accepted: SUNY Albany ( MS in Immunology and Infectious Disease), UPitt (MPH in Infectious Disease and Microbiology)
still waiting on: Hopkins

actually, I just got an email from Hopkins saying they need 2 more weeks to review my application.

Hey kristy117,

I got the same e-mail, but I'm not surprised because I heard that Hopkins has been known to be notoriously late in getting responses out. I submitted my application on the last date too; which was a mistake on my part.

I'm from Canada and I'm in my last year of university studying Genetics. I applied to the cancer epidemiology program, which I've heard is pretty hard to get into. I'm not expecting a great reply given that I'm international and I've got a late application. I've worked on two epidemiology studies and I have great LORs, but my GPA is not so hot.

Has anyone else heard from the epidemiology program yet?

Hey kristy117,

I got the same e-mail, but I'm not surprised because I heard that Hopkins has been known to be notoriously late in getting responses out. I submitted my application on the last date too; which was a mistake on my part.

I'm from Canada and I'm in my last year of university studying Genetics. I applied to the cancer epidemiology program, which I've heard is pretty hard to get into. I'm not expecting a great reply given that I'm international and I've got a late application. I've worked on two epidemiology studies and I have great LORs, but my GPA is not so hot.

Has anyone else heard from the epidemiology program yet?

I was admitted to general epi back in January. You never know what could have happened to your application (i.e. misplaced). I suggest you try calling and politely inquire about the status of your application.

UCLA - admitted 4-16-07
I think they lost my application or something, they seemed really scattered. I had already decided to attend another school, so it didn't matter.

hi guys
i have done bds from india
gre1510
toefl112
gpa 3.8
till now accepted at uab health care org. and
univ. of pitt health policy management

waitng for umdnj,etsu and west virginia

where do u think i should be heading too?

Accepted to : Dartmouth, Tulane, Minnesota, Albany, and Pitt...

and I gotta decide where to go this week! :eek:

Specifically in Health Policy and Management.

Any tips?

I was admitted to general epi back in January. You never know what could have happened to your application (i.e. misplaced). I suggest you try calling and politely inquire about the status of your application.

Well I didnt submit mine until like February..but yeah I have called them many times. It is still under review. They really suck about getting back to you when you leave messages though.

GRE - 1250
GPA - 3.843 B.A. Political Science

Tulane - Accepted, International Health and Development
George Washington - Accepted, Global Health
Emory - Waitlisted for Fall 07, Accepted for Fall 08, Global Health