Acceptance Stats DO Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. 3.62 and 3.51
2. MCAT: 496 and 502
3. ECs: 5 years military medicine, 3 years ER Tech, Disaster Humanitarian Aid Mission, Research Internship 2 months, Research at home university 1 year
4. I'm not listing them all haha
5. Accepted: UIWSOM Waitlisted: BCOM
6. non traditional
7. TX

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
1. cGPA = 3.85 sGPA= 3.9
2. MCAT = 507
3. ECs = shadowing, hospital volunteer, food kitchen volunteer, 2 research projects
4. Schools applied to : DMU, LECOM, PCOM, KCOM, LMU, NOVA, OK State
5. Acceptances = DMU (only interview I decided to attend)
6. Traditional or non traditional application = Trad, applied during senior year

Reactions: 3 users
1. 3.6, 3.5
2. 500
3. Collegiate Athlete, Resident Assistant, Substitute Teacher, Phlebotomist, ER Patient Care Tech, Employee of the Month.
4. LECOM, OU-HCOM, Pikeville, Marian U, OSU, Toledo, Wright State, IU, Oakland WB.
5. LECOM, OU-HCOM, Wright State
6. Non Traditional Applicant
7. Ohio

Im waiting to hear back post interview from Wright State, hopefully Ill see you in the fall !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA sGPA: Undergrad GPA- 2.54, Postbac GPA- 3.7
2. MCAT: 506 (128,122,128,128)
3. ECs: Pharm tech (4 years), Advocacy and Outreach Intern (9 months), Community Outreach Intern (9 months), Leadership in undergrad student orgs, minimal shadowing (no DO LOR)
4. Schools applied to: 31 MD, 26 DO
5. Acceptances: 2 interviews, 2 acceptances (ACOM, ICOM)
6. Traditional or non traditional application: Super Non Trad
7. State you live in: Cali

I have similar undergrad stats. I was wondering what kind of post bacc did you do? Was it just a DIY Post bacc and how many credits did you take?

Thank you :) and congratulations on the acceptances.

Also which ACOM was it? Was it ACOM_SOMA?!

I have similar undergrad stats. I was wondering what kind of post bacc did you do? Was it just a DIY Post bacc and how many credits did you take?

Thank you :) and congratulations on the acceptances.

Also which ACOM was it? Was it ACOM_SOMA?!
There's only one ACOM campus. I think you're confusing ATSU with ACOM as there is a ATSU-KCOM & ATSU-SOMA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
1. 3.6/3.6
2. 511
3. College athlete, ER volunteer, 3 years full time work in various teaching/science/health fields
4. TCOM, AZCOM, DMU
5. TCOM, AZCOM, DMU
6. Non
7. Texas

With my stats, no post grad program would take me. So I did a DIY for 1 year taking all new upper division science and used that trend to get into a formal program, where I stayed for another two years. In all I did/re-did about 100 units. I needed a formal program bc of financial aid and committee letter of recommendation. I'm 28, so it's been a long grind....but I appreciate the journey. Many people, including some counselors at my post bac, told me that I wouldn't be able to do it and that I should just stick to pharmacy...but I kept my head down worked harder than I ever have and stayed humble.. and now I'm here. If I could, why not you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using SDN mobile
That is so great to hear! Wow that's almost like getting another bachelors. That's awesome.. I am in the same position, I am trying one last time to apply to post bacc programs but if not I am debating the masters in health science program while also doing a diy post bacc and retaking prereqs/taking advanced science courses. At first I did get rejected from the Masters programs because of my stats but I appealed the decision and got in! These courses are intensive 7 week courses which I like because I know medical school courses are shorter and more intensive as well :)

1. cGPA 3.8 sGPA 3.8
2. MCAT 505
3. ECs: A lot. Ive been a high school teacher for 2 years so that is what most interviewers focus on, not my ECs.
4. Schools applied to: I don’t remember. A lot.
5. Acceptances: VCOM-A And PCOM-GA. Still waiting to hear back from a few.
6. non traditional Reapplicant
7. State you live in: GA

Which school did you end up choosing??

1. 3.6/3.6
2. 511
3. College athlete, ER volunteer, 3 years full time work in various teaching/science/health fields
4. TCOM, AZCOM, DMU
5. TCOM, AZCOM, DMU
6. Non
7. Texas
Planning on attending TCOM?

Planning on attending TCOM?

I’m lucky(or unlucky depending on if you’re a glass full person) to be on 3 MD waitlists including a top 20 but assuming I stay on the lists I’ll be happily attending tcom.

Which school did you end up choosing??
As of present, Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta (MD). If I hadn’t gotten in there my choice would have been VCOM-Auburn.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.0sGPA/ 3.4cGPA/ SMP 3.7+ (1st Sem) and 2nd semester in progress
2. MCAT: 498-502
3. ECs: 2 years Scribe and many others, MD/DO LOR
4. Applied: TUN
5. Accepted: TUN
6. non traditional
7. CA

As of present, Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta (MD). If I hadn’t gotten in there my choice would have been VCOM-Auburn.

What made you choose VCOM over PCOM since I saw you were accepted to both. I had an II PCOM that was set for this Friday and was trying to decide on if I should attend or not!

1. cGPA= ~3.8 sGPA = ~3.65
2. MCAT = 508
3. ECs: sorority leadership (VP, Mentor, and Committee head), VP of Panhellenic Council, Co-Treasurer Pre-Med Club, TA for bio, research, a little shadowing, Red Cross Blood Engagement team, religious mission trips, church involvement, Pep Band, Various clubs, Honor Society leadership positions
4. Schools applied to: 12 total - 4 DO: PCOM, RowanSOM, LECOM, NYITCOM
5. Acceptances: RowanSOM, WL: CMSRU and LECOM
6. Traditional or non traditional: Trad
7. State you live in: NJ

What made you choose VCOM over PCOM since I saw you were accepted to both. I had an II PCOM that was set for this Friday and was trying to decide on if I should attend or not!
I’ll PM you

1. cGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.4 Master's program: 4.0
2. MCAT 504
3. Several EC's with shadowing, volunteering, working as scribe and sub teacher, some research
4. 26 schools
5. LECOM-B, KCU-KC, PCOM-GA, WVSOM
6. Nontrad
7. Florida

Last edited:
1. 3.75
2. 510
3. 2000 hours scribe, Head Anatomy TA at University, 400 hours research, Founded a Fraternity, 200+ hours random community service, 50 hours at free clinic, PT Tech 500 hours or so, 40 or so hours shadowing, other stuff but that is the bulk
4. KCUMB, DMU, CCOM, PCOM
5. II's for all, attended KCU first and postponed the rest until heard back. Was accepted and then canceled the other 3
6. Traditional, 2 gap years (Rejected first time around and then applied DO this cycle)

1. cGPA sGPA: 3.4, 3.3, 3.95 DIY postbacc ~60 hours

2. MCAT: 503

3. ECs: 3000 hours CNA/PCT, 100 hours ED, 200+ hours non-clinical, pretty good leadership experience.

4. Schools applied to: All but the most competitive few or the ones that only take locals. II at NYIT-AR, ACOM, UIWSOM, WCU, ARCOM, LECOM-SH Withdrew: UPKY, TOURO NV

5. Acceptances: WCU, UIW-SOM (attending), wait listed or withdrew the rest

6. Traditional or non traditional application: Non trad.

7. State you live in: Texas

1. cGPA sGPA: 3.59, 3.41 science GPA

3. ECs: Worked as a dental assistant in an underserved are for almost 4 years, 1.5 years undergrad research in human health, clinical research coordinator in a large ICU, president of a club for 2 years, lots of outreach experience

4. Schools applied to: a ton. Interviewed at DMU, Touro-NY, KCU, and Western U-Pomona. Declined interview at Marian University.

5. Acceptances: Touro-NY and Western. Waitlisted at DMU.

6. Traditional or non traditional application: Non trad. Went to community college for first 3 years of college, did 2 years at UC Davis. Currently in my gap year.

7. State you live in: California

1. 3.65, 3.45
2. 506 (very balanced, first MCAT was 496)
3. Division 1 Varsity Athlete (2 schools, transferred), 500+ hours shadowing healthcare (MD, DO, RN, PA, etc.). A few leadership positions in college clubs. Scuba diving marine conservation trip. Working during my gap year as a sales representative, college coach, and volunteer high school coach, hospital ER volunteer.
4. Schools applied to (DO): LUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, NYITCOM, WVSOM, MSUCOM
5. Acceptances: LUCOM, WVSOM, also interviewed at PCOM, still waiting to hear from them. Also applied MD broadly, on 1 waitlist in-state.
6. Traditional, took a gap year
7. Pennsylvania

I submitted my application the day it opened, and I heard back from LUCOM and WVSOM almost instantly after submitting my II's. Apply early!!!

Last edited:
1. 3.65, 3.45
2. 506 (very balanced, first MCAT was 496)
3. Division 1 Varsity Athlete (2 schools, transferred), 500+ hours shadowing healthcare (MD, DO, RN, PA, etc.). A few leadership positions in college clubs. Scuba diving marine conservation trip. Working during my gap year as a sales representative, college coach, and volunteer high school coach, hospital ER volunteer.
4. Schools applied to (DO): LUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, NYITCOM, WVSOM, MSUCOM
5. Acceptances: LUCOM, WVSOM, also interviewed at PCOM, still waiting to hear from them. Also applied MD, on 1 waitlist in-state.
6. Traditional, took a gap year
7. Pennsylvania

I submitted my application the day it opened, and I heard back from LUCOM and WVSOM almost instantly after submitting my II's. Apply early!!!
Your overall app seems really strong for DO. Surprised you didn't land acceptances at every DO school to which you applied. Very impressive especially being a D1 athlete and maintaining a 3.6. From what I hear adcoms have a special love for D1 athletes. You probably would have garnered a few MD acceptances IMO if you had applied MD.

Your overall app seems really strong for DO. Surprised you didn't land acceptances at every DO school to which you applied. Very impressive especially being a D1 athlete and maintaining a 3.6. From what I hear adcoms have a special love for D1 athletes. You probably would have garnered a few MD acceptances IMO if you had applied MD.
She did. She's waitlisted

Reactions: 2 users
1. cGPA sGPA: 3.4, 3.3, 3.95 DIY postbacc ~60 hours

3. ECs: 3000 hours CNA/PCT, 100 hours ED, 200+ hours non-clinical, pretty good leadership experience.

4. Schools applied to: All but the most competitive few or the ones that only take locals. II at NYIT-AR, ACOM, UIWSOM, WCU, ARCOM, LECOM-SH Withdrew: UPKY, TOURO NV

5. Acceptances: WCU, UIW-SOM (attending), wait listed or withdrew the rest

6. Traditional or non traditional application: Non trad.

7. State you live in: Texas
Hey see you there!

1. cGPA = 3.85 sGPA= 3.9
2. MCAT = 507
3. ECs = shadowing, hospital volunteer, food kitchen volunteer, 2 research projects
4. Schools applied to : DMU, LECOM, PCOM, KCOM, LMU, NOVA, OK State
5. Acceptances = DMU (only interview I decided to attend)
6. Traditional or non traditional application = Trad, applied during senior year
Out of curiosity did you decide to go DO because you preferred DO over MD? You definitely could have gotten an MD acceptance IMO. Great stats

Out of curiosity did you decide to go DO because you preferred DO over MD? You definitely could have gotten an MD acceptance IMO. Great stats

no I applied to a bunch of MD schools, Im on 4 WLs currently :( After I got accepted to DMU I didn't feel the need to interview at the other DOs, I liked DMU

I’m lucky(or unlucky depending on if you’re a glass full person) to be on 3 MD waitlists including a top 20 but assuming I stay on the lists I’ll be happily attending tcom.

Same situation. Waitlisted at three Texas MDs.

Maybe we’ll meet each other, eh?

This thread is not meant to turn into another DO vs MD. Please stop commenting about it.

This and the underdog thread are meant as encouragement to those applying , reapplying or considering applying to DO schools

And yes , before you ask I had two MD interviews

Reactions: 7 users
1. cGPA, sGPA: 3.96, 3.92
2. 508
3. ECs: 1000+ hrs research including professional presentations, Human Anatomy TA, worked in primary care office, Tri BETA, never shadowed
4. LECOM CUSOM Touro-Middletown ICOM PNUCOM OUHCOM
5. ICOM, CUSOM, (waitlist LECOM and still haven’t heard from Touro)
6. Trad, first time applicant but I took 4 gap years and applied very very late
7. NY

Same situation. Waitlisted at three Texas MDs.

Maybe we’ll meet each other, eh?

Yep looks that way. I'm on two Texas WL's and my top choice is an OOS but I'm not holding my breath.

This thread is not meant to turn into another DO vs MD. Please stop commenting about it.

This and the underdog thread are meant as encouragement to those applying , reapplying or considering applying to DO schools

And yes , before you ask I had two MD interviews
Are you the moderator? lmao I didn't ask you. I don't care where you got your interviews at. If I was curious I would have asked you. I'll do anything I please

Are you the moderator? lmao I didn't ask you. I don't care where you got your interviews at. If I was curious I would have asked you. I'll do anything I please

Top-notch conflict resolution skills.

Reactions: 18 users
It's just not the place for questioning people about MD apps or acceptances. You also show a complete lack of reading the things you reply to in this thread. If you are that curious about their apps/etc, PM them.

Reactions: 2 users
Well this thread is veering off course like a drunk driver doing 70 while texting on a back country gravel road. Seriously though, let's get back on track. I enjoy checking in to see how my fellow homies are doing.

Reactions: 5 users
1. cGPA 3.2, sGPA 2.8 masters GPA 3.6

2. MCAT, 491, 491, 498

3. EC: worked full time as an ER scribe for 2 years, 4 years of undergrad lab research, VP and P of multiple organizations. At least 2500 hours of community service, clinical and non-clinical

4. Applied to 11 schools all DO. Offered interview from KCU and LMU-DCOM. Only went to the KCU interview

5. Accepted to KCU-COM KC campus

6. Non traditional. Took 3 gap years. Worked full time as a scribe and did a masters in my 3rd gap year.

7. State I live in : Tennessee

Reactions: 10 users
1. cGPA 3.2, sGPA 2.8 masters GPA 3.6

2. MCAT, 491, 491, 498

3. EC: worked full time as an ER scribe for 2 years, 4 years of undergrad lab research, VP and P of multiple organizations. At least 2500 hours of community service, clinical and non-clinical

4. Applied to 11 schools all DO. Offered interview from KCU and LMU-DCOM. Only went to the KCU interview

5. Accepted to KCU-COM KC campus

6. Non traditional. Took 3 gap years. Worked full time as a scribe and did a masters in my 3rd gap year.

7. State I live in : Tennessee

Was your masters KCU’s SMP?

1. cGPA: 3.45, sGPA: 3.45
2. MCAT: 504
3. ECs: AmeriCorp 1 yr, mentoring, hospital research 200+ hours, shadowing 50 hours, Hospital volunteer 100+ hours, Director of volunteer services post Americorp, Accounting and Management Consulting
4. Schools applied to: 25 DOs
5. Acceptances: KCUMB, UNECOM, Tourocom - NY
6. Rejected: too many to remember
7. Traditional or non traditional application: Non-traditional
9. State you live in: New York

1. cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.47
2. MCAT 498/503
3. ECs: Research publication & presentation, ER & Hospice Volunteer, Other Volunteer, 2 jobs
4. Schools applied to: 12 DO's
5. Acceptances: ARCOM, KYCOM, MSUCOM. 3 other waitlists.
6. Reapplicant
7. MI

I took a heavy course load in undergrad with a LOT of clinically relevant material. It was brought up to me during an interview or two and I believe it helped.
Hi I am also a MI resident. Do you mind share your list of schools that you have apply?

1. cGPA/sGPA < 3.0
2. MCAT < 490, 505
3. ECs TA, tutor,
4. Schools applied to: 6 DO ICOM KCOM OSUCOM BCOM UIWSOM PNWU
5. rejected from BCOM. II from rest. Attended ICOM KCOM and accepted from both.
6. non trad, military,
7. Doesnt matter which state.

Reactions: 6 users
Complete in July 2017. Re-applicant from last cycle (applied absurdly late DONT do this!)

1. 3.7 sGPA, 3.83 pbGPA, 3.4 cGPA.
2. 498 MCAT
3. DC degree, 2100 hrs clinical experience (practicing Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine in a multi-disciplinary sports medicine practice, treated professional track athletes, rounded in underserved urban Urgent Care in downtown STL), 1000 hrs pvt tutor in basic and clinical sciences (Gastroenterological Diagnosis, Physical Diagnosis, Pathology, Urological Diagnosis, Cardiology, ENT diagnosis, Physio, Bchem, Micro, Immunology, Diagnostic Radiology, Orthopedics), 50 hrs shadowing DO&MD Pain Management/PM&R/IM/FM, 100 hrs non-clinical volunteering with special needs schools, Academic Achievement Award, NJ Top Docs, Magna Cum Laude, Who's Who.
4. All DO: RowanSOM-II, CUSOM, UIWSOM-II, LECOM (both campuses), LUCOM-II, ARCOM-II, VCOM (all 3 campuses), ACOM-II, BECOM, WVSOM-Deferred, PCOM (both campuses), MU-COM.
5. Accepted: RowanSOM (withdrew all other interview invites).
6. Non-trad (28 yo)
7. NJ resident

Attending RowanSOM next fall, my top choice! :highfive:
Hey Congrats!! we have the same MCAT. my GPA is 3.62. This give me hope.

Hey Congrats!! we have the same MCAT. my GPA is 3.62. This give me hope.
Awesome! I'm rooting for you. Normally a 498 wouldn't fly at the most established DO schools but some schools look past it with an otherwise great application ie a higher than avg GPA at a solid undergrad (which you have) and a lot of clinical experience, leadership, volunteering. Apply broadly to the newer schools and to your state DOs and you should get some love! Also, IMO not sure what your breakdown was but sometimes a 127+ in the B/S MCAT section can sometimes boost a 498, since a higher than avg B/S score is a good predictor of board success.

Last edited: