Acceptance Stats DO Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did a lot of you guys get accepted MD as well? A lot of y’alls stats I’ve seen on this thread are very good

I would base competitiveness off of reported matriculant avg MCAT and GPAs from the school's websites over SDN. It can be very easy to look at SDN and go "well if I don't have a 3.7 and 510, I'm not getting into DO school anywhere" because it seems like everyone has that on here. But those stats are way above matriculate avgs of most DO schools. Sure you want the highest gpa and MCAT you can get but keep in mind that SDN represents a small percentage of the applicant pool as a whole.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
1. cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.3
2. MCAT: 492 to 504
3. ECs: variety of things from free clinic, president of pre-med club, public health research, different jobs during undergrad
4. Schools applied to: A bunch, 14 schools top tier heavy.
5. Acceptances: DMU (put deposit down), KCU-KC, MUCOM, ACOM (also declined II from KCOM, KYCOM and CUSOM). Wait listed at CCOM.
6. non traditional Reapplicant
7. State you live in: IL

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA 3.87 sGPA 3.85
2. MCAT 508
3. Three years as Medical Technologist full-time, ~60 Hours Clinical Volunteering, ~ 60 hours FM Shadowing, >120 hours Non-Clinical Volunteering with Children, Disabled, Vets
4. Schools applied to: RVU-COM, ACOM, NOVA, LECOM ERIE, KYCOM, MWU-AZ, GA-PCOM, OSUCOM, ATSU, CUSOM, KCU-COM
5. Acceptances: GA-PCOM, had II at LECOME-ERIE/KYCOM/MWU/CUSOM/KC-COM, but I withdrew them to attend GA-PCOM.
6. Non-traditional re-applicant, third year of applying
7. State you live in: Tennessee

Reactions: 1 user
1. cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.33
2. MCAT 491 (2015) -> 502 (2017)
3. ECs: Tons of music ensembles, multi-specialty shadowing, HIV Epidemiology course in Botswana, 2.5 years as ER scribe/trainer, 1.5 years as medical assistant in pain management
4. Schools applied to: VCOM-CC (yes, I only applied to one school; no MD schools either)
5. Acceptances: VCOM-CC
6. I don't know if I'm trad/nontrad: 3rd year out of undergrad where I got a music degree, failed MD 2015-2016 cycle, re-applied 2017-2018.
7. State you live in: South Carolina

You do not need insane stats to become a doctor.

Reactions: 10 users
1. cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.33
3. ECs: Tons of music ensembles, multi-specialty shadowing, HIV Epidemiology course in Botswana, 2.5 years as ER scribe/trainer, 1.5 years as medical assistant in pain management
4. Schools applied to: VCOM-CC (yes, I only applied to one school; no MD schools either)
6. I don't know if I'm trad/nontrad: 3rd year out of undergrad where I got a music degree, failed MD 2015-2016 cycle, re-applied 2017-2018.

I like your style, going all in on one school. Well done.

Reactions: 4 users
1. cGPA: 3.45 sGPA: 3.45
2. MCAT: 499 1st, 494 2nd
3. ECs: Shadowed over 100 hours with both DO and MD, Volunteered with the Red Cross (100Hrs), and Hospice (150Hrs), 2 research opportunities (500+Hrs), and then various non-clinical EC's.
4. Schools applied to: PNWU (II-Denied), ATSU-SOMA, DMU, ACOM, BCOM (II-Waitlist), WVSOM, UIWSOM, Western-Oregon
5. Acceptances: WVSOM
6. Non-traditional application, but not by much
7. State you live in: Arizona, but lived in Washington most of my life

If you have questions about my application feel free to message me. The big question is how I got accepted when my MCAT went from 499 to 494. I second the fact that you don't need amazing stats, but you do need a lot of stuff.

Reactions: 9 users
3. ECs: Shadowed over 100 hours with both DO and MD, Volunteered with the Red Cross (100Hrs), and Hospice (150Hrs), 2 research opportunities (500+Hrs), and then various non-clinical EC's.
4. Schools applied to: PNWU (II-Denied), ATSU-SOMA, DMU, ACOM, BCOM (II-Waitlist), WVSOM, UIWSOM, Western-Oregon

If you have questions about my application feel free to message me. The big question is how I got accepted when my MCAT went from 499 to 494. I second the fact that you don't need amazing stats, but you do need a lot of stuff.
Yeah, I'm impressed. You got into WVSOM at that? From what I have heard, while expensive, they are a great school!

Then, I should be the third person to reiterate that you don't need insane stats to become a doctor. (See my previous post below)
1) 3.72, 3.70
2) 18, 487, 492, 500(unbalanced), 499(well-balanced 124 or higher per section). PS- I'm from Haiti. English is my second Language, and only been living in the states for 6 years.
3) Medical Volunteering 300 hrs, Shadowing 120 hours, work part-time as package Handler for FedEx, was a member of the Biological Science Student Government at my school, Volunteered for Harvesters Food Bank, and Undergraduate research on Herpes Simplex Virus.
4) ACOM, CUSOM, DMUCOM, all 3 VCOMs, both LECOMs, LMU-DCOM, MU-COM, NSU-COM, PNWU-COM, both PCOMs, KYCOM, WCUCOM, WVSOM, ATSU-KCOM, ATSU-SOMA, BCOM, ARCOM, UIWSOM, KCU-COM, Touro-Nevada, Touro-NY.
MD: Morehouse, Meharry, Mizzou, Central Michigan, Florida State, Howard, Loyola Stritch, NSU-MD.
5) ARCOM.
Waitlisted at KCU, Rejected at CUSOM, waiting on Mizzou and ATSU-KCOM, about to decline my IIs at BCOM, WCUCOM, PNWU, VCOM-SC.
6) Non-Trad.
7) Missouri

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

1. cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.33

Woohoo! So glad to see this. You deserve it. Well done.

1. cGPA 3.37, post bacc GPA 3.7, SGPA 3.6
2. MCAT 506
3. ECs: >4000 hours clinical experience as an ER tech, 300+ hours volunteer experience-clinical and non clinical, various clubs
4. Applied to: ACOM, VCOM, DMUCOM, CUSOM, RVUCOM, LUCOM, LMUDCOM, NYITCOM
5. Interview invites from all schools applied to, withdrew from all (finances are tight) but ACOM, CUSOM, & RVU. Accepted at ACOM, interview at RVU next week.
6. Non trad
7. Louisiana

Reactions: 1 users
507 MCAT 3.7sGPA 3.6cGPA.
8 applications 6 secondaries 2 II / 1 acceptance. Other interview cancelled.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.25 cGPA and sGPA. but my grades were all over the place. a good amount of Cs and Ds I retook and got As in. not exactly an upward trend either
2. 510 MCAT
3. ECs, worked fulltime in research for a year. one publication. volunteered in a refugee community tutoring kids
4. 20+ DO schools, dont even remember which ones
5. KCU-KC, waitlisted UIWSOM, AZCOM. turned down an interview at touro-nevada
6. Traditional
7. California

1. cGPA - 3.75, sGPA -3.75
2. 502, 504
3. Hospice, Red Cross, Medical Reserve Corp, food banks, environmental sustainability projects, and some research.
4. TCOM
5. TCOM
6. Non-traditional - mid-to-late 30s, previous experience in allied health.
7. Texas

1. 3.54 cGPA 3.78 sGPA
2. MCAT - 505
3. ECs - Alzheimer association intern, research, community service, shadowing only Md though
4. Schools applied to - LUCOM, TUNCOM, PCOM, AZCOM
5. Acceptances - LUCOM, TUNCOM (haven't heard from the other two)
6. Traditional or non traditional application - traditional
7. State you live in - wild wild west

I've been a longtime SDN lurker, but decided to post here to hopefully give some people hope :)

1. cGPA: 2.91, sGPA: 2.68
2. MCAT: 20 (2014), 24 (2015), 496 (2016)
3. ECs: Masters degree, shadowing, teaching, TAing
4. Schools applied to: ACOM, MWU-CCOM, DMU-COM, LECOM, MU-COM, NYITCOM, PCOM, PCOM-GA, UNE-COM, Western U-COM, WCU-COM, ARCOM, Rowan
5. Acceptances: PCOM
6. Non-Traditional I guess?
7. VA

Reactions: 16 users
I've been a longtime SDN lurker, but decided to post here to hopefully give some people hope :)

4. Schools applied to: ACOM, MWU-CCOM, DMU-COM, LECOM, MU-COM, NYITCOM, PCOM, PCOM-GA, UNE-COM, Western U-COM, WCU-COM, ARCOM, Rowan
7. VA
Did anyone interview you besides PCOM?

7. VA
what was your Masters degree in and what was you GPA?

what was your Masters degree in and what was you GPA?

My AACOMAS calculated overall graduate GPA was a 2.91, but because my school accepted grade replacements I graduated with a 3.02. It's an MS in Biomedical Sciences with a research thesis component. If you'd like more information about my masters please PM me!

7. VA
That's awesome... Great work. I'll remember you in times of stress.

1. 3.17c, 3.29s
2. 515
3. Years of EMT experience, 3 years Anatomy TA, shadowing, organic chem research, tutoring
4. A lot, went to interviews at ARCOM(rejected), NYIT-AR(Rejected), KCU-Joplin, UAMS, declined interviews at AZCOM, ATSU-SOMA, BCOM, ICOM, PWNU, WVUSOM
5. KCU-Joplin
6. Non Trad
7. Arkansas

1. cGPA: 3.746 sGPA: 3.815
2. MCAT: 505
3. ECs: Student representative for my university, Neuroscience lab, started club affiliated with Global Brigades to run missions to Latin America in an effort to eliminate socioeconomic disparities, teaching assistant for two classes, volunteer at local hospital, honors peer mentor, high school tutor, shadowed a physician at his family practice, interned at a small family owned pharmacy
4. Schools applied to: NYITCOM, LECOM, MSUCOM
5. Acceptances: NYITCOM, got II from LECOM (they aren't letting me turn it down), haven't heard from MSU
6. Traditional or non traditional application: Traditional
7. State you live in: New York

1. 3.5 3.6
2. 512
3. Tons of hours volunteering, clinical and non-clinical. Lots of research experiences. Solid ECs all around.
4. 7 DO 2 MD. Interviews to 5 DO schools and both MD schools. Cancelled interviews after acceptance to DO school near where I live.
5. 2 DO schools
6. Non-Trad

1) 3.72, 3.70
2) 18, 487, 492, 500(unbalanced), 499(well-balanced 124 or higher per section). PS- I'm from Haiti. English is my second Language, and only been living in the states for 6 years.
3) Medical Volunteering 300 hrs, Shadowing 120 hours, work part-time as package Handler for FedEx, was a member of the Biological Science Student Government at my school, Volunteered for Harvesters Food Bank, and Undergraduate research on Herpes Simplex Virus.
4) ACOM, CUSOM, DMUCOM, all 3 VCOMs, both LECOMs, LMU-DCOM, MU-COM, NSU-COM, PNWU-COM, both PCOMs, KYCOM, WCUCOM, WVSOM, ATSU-KCOM, ATSU-SOMA, BCOM, ARCOM, UIWSOM, KCU-COM, Touro-Nevada, Touro-NY.
MD: Morehouse, Meharry, Mizzou, Central Michigan, Florida State, Howard, Loyola Stritch, NSU-MD.
5) ARCOM.
Waitlisted at KCU, Rejected at CUSOM, waiting on Mizzou and ATSU-KCOM, about to decline my IIs at BCOM, WCUCOM, PNWU, VCOM-SC.
6) Non-Trad.
7) Missouri

Recently was accepted to ATSU-KCOM as well, and declined IIs to LMU-DCOM and UIWSOM plus the ones mentioned on top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

1. 3.1 cGPA/2.9 sGPA (bombed some agriculture classes nearly a decade ago. Lo and behold, they count towards sGPA. o_O)
2. MCAT: 505 2nd try (496 first try)
3. EC's: Scribing in two specialties, CNA, very average competitive strength athlete/volunteer coach.
4. Applied to 8 DO programs and 1 MD.
5. Interviewed and accepted at ACOM.
6. Non-traditional, career changer
7. State: The land of beer, cheese, and the greatest team in the history of the National Football League

This is SDN. The stats here are going to always be insane. People with barely passable stats aren’t eager to tell the world. That’s also why everyone on SDN seems to have a 240+ step 1.

Not the least of which is because, in my opinion, some users like to downplay the acceptance of some of these people with "barely passable stats" as simply being some sort of fluke, or that these people were a special case for some reason or another (in other words, it had to be something other than the applicant themselves that made the admissions committee decide on them). I'm not sure I'd want to stick my neck out there to be cut on like this either if I was in that boat. Which is sad because the more replies to a list like this the more useful the data (subjective though it may be, at times) is.

1. 3.1ish for both
2. 507
3. Pres. of pre med club, a lot of leadership and work experience, 200+ hours non clinical, 200+ clinical in meaningful volunteer experiences, 1000+ hours research
4. Schools applied to 15ish DO
5. WCU
waitlisted at atsu soma and touro Nevada, more IIs at ICOM, touro NY, and a state MD school
6. Traditional
7. CA

Out of curiosity, may I ask which MD school you interviewed/waitlisted at? (also from CA)

This thread is awesome. Makes me feel much better about my chances for this upcoming cycle!!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
1. cGPA: 3.99 sGPA: 4.0
2. MCAT: 506
3. ECs: Pianist, Equestrian, sorority, hospital volunteering, home health care volunteering, mental health care facility volunteering, research
4. Schools applied to: RowanSOM, PCOM, NYITCOM, LECOM, UNECOM
5. Accepted to RowanSOM, waitlisted from NYITCOM, recently interviewed with PCOM, withdrew from LECOM, silence from UNECOM (and only two MD II, both on "continued review")
6. Somewhat non-traditional- I was a psych major, then did a pre-med postbac, now I have a postbac research position
7. NJ

Reactions: 3 users
1. cGPA: 3.99 sGPA: 4.0
2. MCAT: 506
3. ECs: Pianist, Equestrian, sorority, hospital volunteering, home health care volunteering, mental health care facility volunteering, research
4. Schools applied to: RowanSOM, PCOM, NYITCOM, LECOM, UNECOM
5. Accepted to RowanSOM, waitlisted from NYITCOM, recently interviewed with PCOM, withdrew from LECOM, silence from UNECOM (and only two MD II, both on "continued review")
6. Somewhat non-traditional- I was a psych major, then did a pre-med postbac, now I have a postbac research position
7. NJ
10 points for username

Reactions: 9 users
1. cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.7
2. MCAT: ~507
3. ECs: med mission, volunteering @ hospice, shadowing a ton, volunteering @ soup kitchen
4. Schools applied to: Doesn't matter
5. Acceptances: I got acceptances to 2 schools and I interviewed @ 3 (still waiting on a response from the third)
6. Traditional or non traditional application: Define Traditional.. I mean, i'm a white male just finishing undergrad with a wife and kids. Is that traditional?
7. State you live in: Not a state w/ a med school.

1. cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.7
2. MCAT: ~507
3. ECs: med mission, volunteering @ hospice, shadowing a ton, volunteering @ soup kitchen
4. Schools applied to: Doesn't matter
5. Acceptances: I got acceptances to 2 schools and I interviewed @ 3 (still waiting on a response from the third)
6. Traditional or non traditional application: Define Traditional.. I mean, i'm a white male just finishing undergrad with a wife and kids. Is that traditional?
7. State you live in: Not a state w/ a med school.
Loll... traditional means you got into med school straight out of undergrad. Non-trad. either took some time off, went to post-bacc, or got into some kind of graduate program before getting accepted to medical school.

Congratulations my Lord! Could you elaborate on your ECs please? Hours, in particular? Thanks.

Congratulations my Lord! Could you elaborate on your ECs please? Hours, in particular? Thanks.
I did a week long stint in Central America working with PCP's from sunrise to sunset. I spent maybe 30 hours total with the hospice, Maybe 100-150 hours or so shadowing cardio, orthopods, family practice, internal med, ENT, gen surg. Volunteering @ the kitchen I did for maybe 50 hours (that's generous). Nothing impressive. I have learned through the process that a good competitive application for med school has nothing to do with what you did and for how long, or how many different shadowing/volunteering experiences you had. It has everything to do with what you personally were able to gain from those experiences.

Also I will add that I was not complete until the middle of October.

Last edited:

7. VA

Not trying to disrespect, but these are the lowest stats I have ever seen for anyone ever... you sure you don't have serious connections to PCOM (like, were all your letter writers faculty from the admission committee at the school)? Good job, regardless.

Reactions: 6 users
1. cGPA = 3.36, sGPA = 3.24
2. MCAT = 510
3. ECs = MA for 3 years
4. Schools applied to = LECOM, PNWU, AZCOM, CCOM, KCOM, SOMA
5. Acceptances = AZCOM
6. Traditional or non traditional application = Nontrad
7. State you live in = OR

Not trying to disrespect, but these are the lowest stats I have ever seen for anyone ever... you sure you don't have serious connections to PCOM (like, were all your letter writers faculty from the admission committee at the school)? Good job, regardless.

No worries, I don't take offense. As I mentioned before, I do think my letters helped in the application process. Two were written by former PCOM graduates with whom I was fortunate enough to have worked with as a scribe for over a year at a hospital. One of the two is a member of the PCOM Clinical Faculty at PCOM-GA. Additionally, I think once I received an interview, I was able to make a good case for myself as to why my stats were so low and explained some of the steps that I had taken to improve. I think ultimately my interviewers must have liked something that my recommenders pointed out to them, and I was probably lucky enough to have touched on whatever it was during my interview. I guess my case is a good example of DO schools' "holistic review" of applicants. Just happy it all worked out :)

Reactions: 12 users
1. cGPA: 3.6 sGPA 3.9 (3 bachelor's degrees, Film (over 10 years ago), Biology, Chemistry)
2. MCAT: 505 129/124/127/125
3. Hospital volunteering (200hrs), shadowing (30hr), scribe job(1000hrs), chemistry research(600hrs?) and many many years working in film (thousands of hours).
4. a lot. 27 MD schools, 4 II, no decisions yet. 8 DO schools, 3 II: NOVA, CCOM, KCOM (II but withdrew), PCOM, NYITCOM, Western COMP (II, recently), Touro-California (II), RVU-Co (rejected 2 days after applying)
5. Acceptances: Touro California, Yay!
6. very non traditional, in my 30's, second and very different career for me and I am so excited!
7. I've lived in a lot of states, a different one every 4 years. Currently in Colorado.
Hello doppelgänger! I too have a film degree and an almost 30 ;) congrats on your acceptance!

Hopefully this gives hope to those with a slightly lower MCAT score
1. cGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.55
2. MCAT: 503
3. ECs: involved with two clubs, CNA, Pharm Tech, and lots of community service
4. Schools applied to: Lots (11 DO, 6 MD)
5. Acceptances: II - 8 DO, 0 MD, Attended 4, Accepted to 4 (DMU, KCU, NYIT-AR, CCOM)
7. State you live in: Midwest

1a. cGPA: 2.91 undergrad, 3.06 overall. I have 150+ undergraduate credit hours so it would be difficult to budge that number.
1b. sGPA: 2.91 undergrad, 3.92 graduate
2. MCAT: 26, 27, 516
3. ECs: I have a master's degree in molecular biology and have been working as a scientist for three years. I've shadowed and volunteered hundreds of hours as a certified phlebotomist. I'm also a vinyasa yoga instructor.
4. Schools applied to: RVUCOM-CO, RVUCOM-SU
5. Acceptances: RVUCOM-SU
6. 100% as non-traditional as they come. Second time applicant.
7. State you live in: Colorado, but I spent most of my life in Nevada.

I didn't think that I would be able to get into medical school with a <3.0 GPA, but I am absolutely thrilled to have this acceptance. I was a little wary of applying DO, which is why I only applied to 2 schools. I didn't want to send applications to places where I didn't think that I would be a good fit. I think RVU has a great approach to their curriculum. I'm still waiting on two MD decisions, one of which is my dream school, but I'm STOKED to go to RVUCOM-SU. I loved my interview day and I'm really excited to live in Utah.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
1. cGPA sGPA: 3.24, 2.99

2. MCAT: 521

3. ECs: lots of Healthcare related, ex military, unique life story and personal statement.

4. Schools applied to: almost all of them except LUCOM, and state schools.

5. Acceptances: RVU-UT, CUSOM, ARCOM

Rejected from: BCOM, DMU, MUCOM, PNW, ATSU SOMA, PCOM
6. Traditional or non traditional application: Non trad.
7. State you live in: wild wild west.

Dat MCAT tho

Figured I'd fill this out while I'm busy procrastinating for my exam tomorrow...

1. cGPA: 3.89, sGPA: 3.85
2. MCAT: 508 (unbalanced, science >> others)
3. ECs: Very research heavy (over 1k hours with publications + posters), decent healthcare (200+ hours), solid leadership (two student orgs plus some other committees), mediocre service (~130 hours) and a few other things scattered around.
4. Schools applied to: All Texas Medical Schools + a few OOS MD
5. Acceptances: UNTHSC-TCOM, waitlisted at UT Southwestern (MD), UT Houston (MD), and UT Medical Branch (MD) (no IIs OOS)
7. State you live in: Texas

Also, I interviewed at UNT with my fly down :banana:

Last edited:
1. cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.47
2. MCAT 498/503
3. ECs: Research publication & presentation, ER & Hospice Volunteer, Other Volunteer, 2 jobs
4. Schools applied to: 12 DO's
5. Acceptances: ARCOM, KYCOM, MSUCOM. 3 other waitlists.
6. Reapplicant
7. MI

I took a heavy course load in undergrad with a LOT of clinically relevant material. It was brought up to me during an interview or two and I believe it helped.

Last edited:
1. cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.47
2. MCAT 498/503
3. ECs: Publication, ER & Hospice Volunteer, Other Volunteer, 2 jobs
4. Schools applied to: 12 DO's
5. Acceptances: ARCOM, KYCOM, MSUCOM. 3 other waitlists.
6. Reapplicant
7. MI
Which one you're planning to attend if you don't mind me asking?

Which one you're planning to attend if you don't mind me asking?

MSUCOM. I'm from Michigan and my S/O can keep her job. Also, it's a great program.

3.4/3.4
Lots of Research, club sports, extensive volunteering/ shadowing
De busk, vcom-a, lecom- Lake Erie, Acom, wvsom, kycom, some Catholic DO school in Texas
Accepted: vcom, lecom
Offered an interview but declined: wvsom, de busk
Rejected: acom
Traditional
Florida

Last edited: