Acceptance rates for podiatry schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny12346

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what the overall acceptance rates are for podiatry schools.

Does OCPM really accepts 80-85% of applicants?

What about the rest?

Thanks

Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program at Midwestern University AZPOD Website
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine BUSPM Website
California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University CSPM Website
Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery DMU Website
New York College of Podiatric Medicine NYCPM Website
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University SCPM Website
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine TUSPM Website
College of Podiatric Medicine at Western University of Health Sciences Website

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called OCPM and asked some questions and they told me that last year around 500 people applied. I doubt they accepted 80% of those applicants.

I called OCPM and asked some questions and they told me that last year around 500 people applied. I doubt they accepted 80% of those applicants.

You realize acceptance doesn't equal matriculation right?

They interviewed ~200

That's impressive. less than a 2:1 acceptance to matriculation ratio. They are either really good at identifying who wants to go their (pre-interview invite) or they had a lot of students turn down the interview. Either way, I don't think any program can say they didn't need to interview and offer acceptances to over twice the number of students that their cap allows...

Kimberly Young from Scholl told me they interview around 200 also

That's impressive. less than a 2:1 acceptance to matriculation ratio. They are either really good at identifying who wants to go their (pre-interview invite) or they had a lot of students turn down the interview. Either way, I don't think any program can say they didn't need to interview and offer acceptances to over twice the number of students that their cap allows...

I would say a significant amount turned down the interview. But with rolling admissions you never know maybe they interview a few and accept them quickly before offering more interviews, so they can keep that ratio where it is.

Just from my interview group at OCPM, everyone who was accepted is attending this fall.