acceptance rates at podiatry schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- I'm brand new to this website--it seems like an amazing resource for everyone!

I've been doing a lot of research on podiatry schools and cannot seem to come across a percentage acceptance rate that most schools have. Obviously it will vary from school to school, but approximately what percent of qualified applicants will be admitted somewhere?

My stats are as follows:

Cornell University
Overall GPA- 3.5
Science GPA- 3.2
Not yet taken the MCATS and have to take 2 more prereqs before actually beginning to apply.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply before taking prereqs. You just have to take them before matriculation.

Hey guys- I'm brand new to this website--it seems like an amazing resource for everyone!

I've been doing a lot of research on podiatry schools and cannot seem to come across a percentage acceptance rate that most schools have. Obviously it will vary from school to school, but approximately what percent of qualified applicants will be admitted somewhere?

My stats are as follows:

Cornell University
Overall GPA- 3.5
Science GPA- 3.2
Not yet taken the MCATS and have to take 2 more prereqs before actually beginning to apply.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Are you taking your prereqs at Cornell? How are things up at Cornell University these days? I am a Cornell alum.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no place that I know of that has the acceptance rate; the only stats I know of are at www.aacpm.org and the individual school sites.

the unofficial acceptance rate at NYCPM is about 70%. At least that is what I heard about 2 years ago.

I think 80% of all pod applicants get in somewhere.

I'm taking most of my prereqs at cornell-plan on taking physics and orgo someplace over the summer to expedite the process a little--I don't think this will be looked down upon if I do well in those classes.

Cornell's the same as usual--tough and cold :)

I discussed this w/ another applicant, so I guess I should post it. Where you take classes is important and so are your grades but the the number 1 thing schools will look at is the MCAT. The MCAT is the great equalizer, it doesn't care if you work 7 jobs and go to Harvard or if you sniff paint and go to Craphole CC. It is the only way to make the application process equal for everyone.

I discussed this w/ another applicant, so I guess I should post it. Where you take classes is important and so are your grades but the the number 1 thing schools will look at is the MCAT. The MCAT is the great equalizer, it doesn't care if you work 7 jobs and go to Harvard or if you sniff paint and go to Craphole CC. It is the only way to make the application process equal for everyone.

Don't knock on Craphole CC. They've produced many QUALIFIED applicants and students. HAHA

Amazing enough, I just look at the stats for CPMS. The acceptance rate is about 30%. They generally have around 300+ applicants and only accept about 80-90.

I am not putting down pod schools in anyway but do you guys know anyone who DID NOT get into any of the podiatric schools or certain ones? I believe Krabmas said about 80% of pod applicants get in somewhere. Are there some individuals that do not get granted an interview? It sounds crazy that one can send in their primary application without any transcripts or LOR and receive interviews the NEXT DAY! It definitely makes the process much quicker but it sounds kind of unusual. Definitely more enticing than the med school process with secondary applications, waiting, etc. Let me know what you think.

By the way, does DMU have the lowest acceptance rates of the 8 schools?

No idea. Pod schools keep most stats close to vest. That is one thing that sold me on CPMS is the disclose everything. Once a year, Dr Yoho has a meeting and shows the school admissions stats, course grades, board pass rates, ect. He is very open about how we are diong and where we need to improve.

AZPod had around 250-300 applicants for the class size of 30. Around 100 were not granted interviews at all. Acceptance rate? I'm not really sure.

No idea. Pod schools keep most stats close to vest. That is one thing that sold me on CPMS is the disclose everything. Once a year, Dr Yoho has a meeting and shows the school admissions stats, course grades, board pass rates, ect. He is very open about how we are diong and where we need to improve.

yea...i know someone that didn't get interviews/acceptances to half the schools last year and his grades weren't that bad.. So i guess admissions is getting alittle harder.

I am not putting down pod schools in anyway but do you guys know anyone who DID NOT get into any of the podiatric schools or certain ones? I believe Krabmas said about 80% of pod applicants get in somewhere. Are there some individuals that do not get granted an interview? It sounds crazy that one can send in their primary application without any transcripts or LOR and receive interviews the NEXT DAY! It definitely makes the process much quicker but it sounds kind of unusual. Definitely more enticing than the med school process with secondary applications, waiting, etc. Let me know what you think.

By the way, does DMU have the lowest acceptance rates of the 8 schools?

I got a letter from DMU saying no, I wasnt even offered an interview. My gpa is pretty low, so I understood. I only applied to DMU, Scholl, AZPod, Temple, and Ohio. And DMU said no interview, and still nothing from AZPod (which I'm assuming no DMU, no AZPod interview as well). So it happens, I'm proof.

You are also proof that you can find success at any of the programs. The key is hard work.

From what I heard at DMU, about 300 apply, 100 are interviewed, and 65 seats are filled. Are they really accepting 80 people for next year?

I got a letter from DMU saying no, I wasnt even offered an interview. My gpa is pretty low, so I understood. I only applied to DMU, Scholl, AZPod, Temple, and Ohio. And DMU said no interview, and still nothing from AZPod (which I'm assuming no DMU, no AZPod interview as well). So it happens, I'm proof.

Iam just curious how much low is ur GPA (u can just give a rough range).

Iam just curious how much low is ur GPA (u can just give a rough range).

I dont mind being honest. My overall gpa is about a 2.9 and my science is about a 2.7. Mainly due to my freshman year, which I explained to the school and they understood. I was accepted at Scholl already, and just thankful they gave me an interview to explain.