Acceptance factors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currenty a junior and have a overall 3.2-3.3 GPA and have been a CPhT. for almost 3 yrs. and have volunteered at Cleveland Clinic here in Naples, FL. This is the thing....I have 5 withdrawls and am worried about my chances for pod school admissions. DMU is my school of choice right now b/c of integrated med school curriculum. I interview well as I have already been accepted at two pharmacy schools last year and I have shadowed several pods this past summer. Are those W's on my transcript going to be a red flag for my chances? Thanks <Jon

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is fine although the average is a little higher for DMU. I dont think that the Ws will keep you from being accepted as long as you have all the pre-reqs completed. They may ask you about it in the interview. What is your MCAT score? I dont think that DMU accepts the PCAT but I could be wrong. My advice would be to apply early. For the 2010 class for example, now would be good. Getting an interview is easier if you apply early. Although the national applicant pool was slightly lower for 09 class, it continues to increase at DMU. Feel freee to private message me if you have any questions pertaining to Des Moines University. Make sure you do research on all the schools though. Good luck.