Accelerated EMT training programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony Danza

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any accelerated EMT-B training programs in the washington dc/maryland/virginia area? Is it even possible to finish the training in like a month or less?

Also, I saw mention of this in another thread but I thought I'd ask again. Is there any other training (that may take less time) one can do instead of EMT to be an ER tech?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I volunteer in montgomery county and there were some summer emt classes that seemed pretty quick. I think they lasted somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks but met monday-friday during that time. If you volunteer, the class is also free. :p
And, I dont have any answer for your other question...

Tony Danza said:
Does anyone know of any accelerated EMT-B training programs in the washington dc/maryland/virginia area? Is it even possible to finish the training in like a month or less?

Also, I saw mention of this in another thread but I thought I'd ask again. Is there any other training (that may take less time) one can do instead of EMT to be an ER tech?

Thanks for any help!

www.emtinc.net

As far as I know, it's the fastest anywhere... 2 weeks and you're done. Not good in my opinion for new certs, but ok for re-certs.

Members don't see this ad :)
take a wilderness EMT...gives you National Registry EMT-B certification plus Wilderness EMT certification. very intense, but it is only 4 weeks long and just a blast being outside so much. many people find these courses are WAY more thorough than your average class at the community college. check out these websites...

www.nols.edu/wmi
www.soloschools.com
www.wildmed.com

For those of you who actually care about the quality of the education, rather than just the speed, I would suggest checking out any of several threads over at EMTCity.com regarding EMS education including this one:
http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1462

The discussion on this topic in a couple of threads have been quite intense and very interesting....

any accelerated or online programs in chicago i can finish within 2-4 weeks?

i barely missed hitting the mark to take the national registry in my class and dont want to retake a 4 month long course

waht are the options?

Is there any other training (that may take less time) one can do instead of EMT to be an ER tech?

Check out what your local hospitals require for a tech. I became an EMT-B so that I could work as an ER-tech, only to find out after I finished the course that all the hospitals around here only use CNA/NA's as techs. :mad:

in maryland, no. everyone goes through the same 3-6 month long EMT course depending how the scheduling is done.

If you just want to be an ER tech, get your CNA license. It is shorter in training (6 weeks) and is required to be a tech in just about any hospital ED.

For those of you who actually care about the quality of the education, rather than just the speed, I would suggest checking out any of several threads over at EMTCity.com regarding EMS education including this one:
http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1462

The discussion on this topic in a couple of threads have been quite intense and very interesting....

:thumbup: right on, i frequent said website theres some good stuff on there.

any accelerated or online programs in chicago i can finish within 2-4 weeks?

i barely missed hitting the mark to take the national registry in my class and dont want to retake a 4 month long course

waht are the options?

what do you mean you barley missed hitting the mark? if I remember right you get 2 years after you successfully complete the course to take NREMT. I may be fishing here but if by missing the mark you mean you didnt qualify to sit for NREMT, then you dont belong in an accelerated programme.