ABPMR MOC dues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmvguy03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ABPMR MOC dues are due today. Is this an actual requirement? It does not affect BC if unpaid. It's not a lot of money but..

Members don't see this ad.

Your hospital should pay it for you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a requirement for this EXTORTION MONEY to be paid before you can recertify. I had 8-9 years of dues to pay before the extortionists would allow me to sit for the recertification exams.

Reactions: 3 users
i think they de-list you on their website if you dont pay.....as if that is where patients look for physicians

How are we letting this extortion continue?! I was just told by the ABPMR that I could qualify for 60 CME’s through the AMA just for completing and passing my 10 year recertification exam. I thought, ok that’s cool but why do I have to go through the AMA since you’re the ones who recertified me and you’re the ones who track my CME? So they send me a link to the AMA to apply for my 60hrs of CME and lo and behold I get my answer. I have to pay the AMA $75 to get the credit! So basically I have to pay the AMA $75 so the ABPMR will recognizes my recertification as CME. Wtf?

How are we letting this extortion continue?! I was just told by the ABPMR that I could qualify for 60 CME’s through the AMA just for completing and passing my 10 year recertification exam. I thought, ok that’s cool but why do I have to go through the AMA since you’re the ones who recertified me and you’re the ones who track my CME? So they send me a link to the AMA to apply for my 60hrs of CME and lo and behold I get my answer. I have to pay the AMA $75 to get the credit! So basically I have to pay the AMA $75 so the ABPMR will recognizes my recertification as CME. Wtf?
Can you share that link?

dont be penny-wise and pound foolish. you make the $75 with a single f/u.

of course it is extortion, but save your venom for the bigger things

Reactions: 1 user