ABFM module

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacherman84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking boards next month...I hear we now just do 1 module. What tends to be a good module to choose? Any recent grads care to share their experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the sports medicine module. The module was easy. The CAQ on the other hand...:)

I guess everyone is different.. I think I did Ambulatory (harder than we all expected), and I think Hospital Med.. which was easier.

I guess go with what you're "more interested/good" at.

I.e. if you have good MSK knowledge/exposure, go with Sports..

You folks have it much much easier with less questions and less modules haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told by numerous people not to do sports med...I do a lot of MSK medicine being military, and I'm headed to a sports fellowship next year...but again, everyone says don't do it.
I just finished a month of hospital medicine, so all that stuff is fresh. For now...
My PD said it's like a 98% pass rate...and that's expected to go up with the changes this year

I thought the ambulatory and sports were fairly easy modules.

I thought ambulatory was tough maybe depends on your year. I believe I was in the high 400's in amb. I did a lot of sports in residency and picked the sports module think I was in the 7 or 800's. After fellowship I was in the high 500's on my CAQ so I would agree on that being harder. Ohh and for you guys starting fellowship on my entrance exam I thought I got spanked with a 52% later found out that was about avg. lol.

I thought about doing Sports since MSK has always been my highest on my ITEs but my PD is really pushing everyone to do ambulatory. I'm on the fence.

Doesn't matter...it's Family Medicine, people! There's a reason the pass rate is so high. :prof: