AAMC Immunization Form Titers Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gsxrdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. Getting everything together for VSAS/auditions and I have a question regarding the AAMC Standardized Immunization form -

The form has you write in your quantitative titer levels in IU/mL. I had my titers processed by Labcorp and the units for MMR are in AU/mL. Varicella titer value is 540 "index" units on the lab report. I have searched all over the internet trying to find a conversion table or calculator to get these in IU/mL to no avail. I contacted Labcorp and they do not convert their values to IU/mL or know how. It appears these are arbitrary units that are not convertible. Has anyone else has this problem? Can I just write "see lab report attached" on the AAMC form? I really want to avoid having to get my titers redrawn, pay another fee and have to wait again just to get different units. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. Getting everything together for VSAS/auditions and I have a question regarding the AAMC Standardized Immunization form -

The form has you write in your quantitative titer levels in IU/mL. I had my titers processed by Labcorp and the units for MMR are in AU/mL. Varicella titer value is 540 "index" units on the lab report. I have searched all over the internet trying to find a conversion table or calculator to get these in IU/mL to no avail. I contacted Labcorp and they do not convert their values to IU/mL or know how. It appears these are arbitrary units that are not convertible. Has anyone else has this problem? Can I just write "see lab report attached" on the AAMC form? I really want to avoid having to get my titers redrawn, pay another fee and have to wait again just to get different units. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA
Did you contact AAMC? They probably should be able to answer your question.

Yes. They told me to contact the program directly for instructions. I will if I can't get this resolved. I would just rather have all my ducks in the row with the correct paperwork to avoid hangups and miss out. It's surprising that more people aren't having this issue. Is Labcorp just weird about their units? I've been searching and still nothing. Very frustrating since my titers are all good, just the wrong units. I would rather be focusing my time on other 100 important VSAS prep items :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Write w/e units you have and give reference range. No one will care, long as you have titers.

Reactions: 1 user
I just spoke to a resident who said the same thing. Thank you!