A Very Interesting EKG...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cancer Slayer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, an intern in my group ran into a really intersting case today. I've removed all ID'ing information and wanted to see what you thought..... The patient is a 27 y/o M with reported heavy cocaine use over the years. He takes (2) Adderall XR 20 MG's everyday (40mg/day). This guy was told to follow up but never did. I'm having a hard time seeing what's wrong with his EKG.
Thanks for your time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I hope this is not one of those what's wrong w/ my ECG posts:

Sinus bradycardia, incomplete RBBB..

If the axis was more right, I might have been concerned about ASD especially as the PR interval is also borderline (close to 200 ms)..

Members don't see this ad :)
The ST segments in V1 and V2 are not isolelectric and have a saddleback appearance. This is suggestive if Brugada type 3 pattern, which can be induced by cocaine. Low voltage that is restricted to the limb leads is nonspecific and is likely of no clinical significance.

The ST segments in V1 and V2 are not isolelectric and have a saddleback appearance. This is suggestive if Brugada type 3 pattern, which can be induced by cocaine. Low voltage that is restricted to the limb leads is nonspecific and is likely of no clinical significance.

Hallucinate harder.

To the post author:
there is nothing wrong with your 'very interesting' EKG, boy.