A slight slight bigger eye... sometime.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Whenever I look in the mirror side ways... I notice my left eye is a little... bigger than my other eye very slight... but noticable. I started to used Flonase to treat Allergy... and the condition ameliorated. (improvend).

But my eyes (especially the one on the left) still feel very sensitive to sunlight... And often sensitive it would have a lot of tear coming out.

What can I describe this situation as?

Regards,

Members don't see this ad.

tomz said:
Hello,

Whenever I look in the mirror side ways... I notice my left eye is a little... bigger than my other eye very slight... but noticable. I started to used Flonase to treat Allergy... and the condition ameliorated. (improvend).

But my eyes (especially the one on the left) still feel very sensitive to sunlight... And often sensitive it would have a lot of tear coming out.

What can I describe this situation as?

Regards,

It's difficult to make diagnoses via the internet. Go get an eye exam.

If one eye "seems" bigger, then it may be asymmetric in size (rare) or one eye is more proptotic (i.e., sticks out more than the other), which is more common. The exam will help to identify if the eye that is sticking out or the eye that is sunken in is the 'abnormal' eye. The differential diagnoses are very different depending on which eye is the 'abnormal' eye.

Tearing can be a symptom of dry eyes. You should have this looked at too.

Could what you are noticing be actually a slight blepharoptosis (droopy eyelid)? It may be from slight lid edema or "protective ptosis" to cover dry or irritated eye?

Photophobia is somewhat concerning.

GO GET CHECKED!

Thank you for replying.

I have a Visx CustomVue report on both of my eyes... Each containing a lot of umm professional words then some data next to them And a colorful (looks like Thermal sensitivity) graph...
The only problem is I do not know how to intrepret them... Any of you worked with CustomVue before?

And appointments with eye doctor is sooo busy... Appointment is 2 weeks away...

And by "droppy eyelid" do you mean one with a lot of fat like old people more of a droppy bag? I don't have that, but I have a darkened BOTTOMeyelid for quite a long time now.