A question about going from USA to Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Modeselektor

Let me show you the whey of the true path
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a girlfriend who is close to being a fully certified and licensed physiotherapist with a masters degree in Texas, USA. How difficult would it be for her to get a job in B.C. Canada? If there's a process, how difficult would it be?

Members don't see this ad.

May I ask what program she's close to finishing in Texas? I didn't know there were any Masters programs still around in those parts...

I believe its exercise physiology.
Any ideas? Is it absolutely unheard of to have an American trained physiotherapist working in Canada?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think irrespective for the degree she has...she will need to acquire license through examination (theoretical and practical). How difficult?..depends upon how her studies were in America vs that of in Canada

I believe its exercise physiology.
Any ideas? Is it absolutely unheard of to have an American trained physiotherapist working in Canada?

A Masters in Exercise Physiology makes a Physical Therapist not. To my knowledge, one with a Masters in Exercise Physiology is not eligible to sit for the examination by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators. With that said, a US graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy program may.

Sorry she's done her physical therapy program, this is just something else she's doing.

But thanks! Seems she should be okay.

She went to pt school, then she got her master's degree in ex phys, now she wants to be a pt in Canada?