a perfect example of DO's and MD's working together to provide the best possible care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I had a wonderful experience and wanted to relate it to everyone. I spend a lot of time shadowing the ER docs in my hometown and the EM director happens to be a DO. The physicians in the ER are about half MD and half DO. Last night a DO was working with an MD. Both of these physicians are very good and respected by patients, other doctors, etc. The MD had a 3yo boy with nursemaids elbow and I observed as he tried to reduce the dislocation. After several attempts, it became obvious that his efforts were going to be unsuccesful. Instead of forcing the issue and causing the kid undue pain, he said "well, I'm gonna get Dr. S, he's a DO and he's WAY better than me at this sort of thing." So he went and got Dr. S, who was able reduce the dislocation in about 15 seconds. I thought it was really cool to see these guys using the strengths of each others training to help the patients.

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably the best reality check post to those ignorant SDNers.

Hey, daves:clap: