99th percentile on STEP 1 with a MCAT of 21?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omar06 said:
DAYUMNNNNN. WAY TO SHUT SOMEONE UP.

I know, his point was well taken. I think that shut all the haters and doubters up. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, my friend said that 5 students had transfer from ross university last year. He also told me that 1 student transfer to Tulane after his first year of ross. Another student transfer to drexel u. I mean he sounds very believing because he said that one of the professor told him about those students. I mean it makes me feel like I should just go to Ross instead of doing post bacc and then transfer to a US med school. :confused: I am thinking about calling these schools and asking them. What do u guys think? I know its possible to transfer but do you think its worth it to go to post bacc then US med school or go to Ross and transfer?

Anybody can answer my question?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
flindophile said:
Transfer spots open up only by attrition which is usually on the order of 50 slots or so per year. The number of slots is futher limited by the fact that many US schools will not take transfers from foreign schools. Some of the schools that accept foreign transfers only accept requests (if an opening exists) from state residents. As you might imagine, there is a lot of competition for these spots. I believe SGU has the best record of transfers which I believe is less than 50 or so a year out of an annual admission rate of 750 students. Transfers from other schools are even less likely. Thus, it is possible to transfer but your odds are not good.

thank you

flindophile said:
Transfer spots open up only by attrition which is usually on the order of 50 slots or so per year. The number of slots is futher limited by the fact that many US schools will not take transfers from foreign schools. Some of the schools that accept foreign transfers only accept requests (if an opening exists) from state residents. As you might imagine, there is a lot of competition for these spots. I believe SGU has the best record of transfers which I believe is less than 50 or so a year out of an annual admission rate of 750 students. Transfers from other schools are even less likely. Thus, it is possible to transfer but your odds are not good.

I actually don't think the odds are that bad for transfer but it does depend on the year you are applying and how many available spots there are for transfer. This year there was an unpresedented amount of spots at NEOUCOM. That being said, this year is a great year for transfer with anywhere from 30+ spots available throughout the states.

SGU normally has about 500-600 students per year if you count both semesters. Most people that have a decent shot of transfering out are in the top 10% of thier class. That leaves about 60-75 people who have the potential grades to transfer. Now factor in top notch board scores, not all of these people will attempt to transfer, whatever there reasons be, maybe they're aren't US citizens or permanent residents, or maybe just laziness. So I'm assuming that of these 60-75 people with top grades and great board scores, maybe only 30-40 will attempt to apply for transfer. With attrition rates ranging from 10-30 spots per year. I'd say, if you have the grades and the board scores to do so, you have about a 25-50% of actually transfering to an LCME accredited school.

berkeleyboy said:
I actually don't think the odds are that bad for transfer but it does depend on the year you are applying and how many available spots there are for transfer. This year there was an unpresedented amount of spots at NEOUCOM. That being said, this year is a great year for transfer with anywhere from 30+ spots available throughout the states.

SGU normally has about 500-600 students per year if you count both semesters. Most people that have a decent shot of transfering out are in the top 10% of thier class. That leaves about 60-75 people who have the potential grades to transfer. Now factor in top notch board scores, not all of these people will attempt to transfer, whatever there reasons be, maybe they're aren't US citizens or permanent residents, or maybe just laziness. So I'm assuming that of these 60-75 people with top grades and great board scores, maybe only 30-40 will attempt to apply for transfer. With attrition rates ranging from 10-30 spots per year. I'd say, if you have the grades and the board scores to do so, you have about a 25-50% of actually transfering to an LCME accredited school.

wow great information