8 on 1: Board/Group Inteview Prep!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljpm8224

emt-abcdefgh
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up with a medical flight group.... it's 8 on 1, with the "board." I'm pretty freaked :eek:

Any thoughts on how to prepare for something like this?

I'm confident in my skills, high volume experience, etc... but I know in this industry, lack of humility can kill you, too... so trying to put my finger on how to walk that line between confidence and being humble.

And then, that whole 8 on 1 thing is a little freaky. I've done group interviews before, but I think the max I've ever faced was... 5? And it wasn't a "Board of Directors." Ack!

Any thoughts on prep for this? Or tips? Who do you look at? I guess you look at the person that asks the question first, but then kinda around the room... though seems like it would be hard to make eye contact with all 8 people during the course of each question.

I'm guessing "role play" will help.... though it's gonna be tuff to round up 8 peeps willing to humor me and go through a dry run of this :)

Cheers,
Bean

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up with a medical flight group.... it's 8 on 1, with the "board." I'm pretty freaked :eek:

Any thoughts on how to prepare for something like this?

I'm confident in my skills, high volume experience, etc... but I know in this industry, lack of humility can kill you, too... so trying to put my finger on how to walk that line between confidence and being humble.

And then, that whole 8 on 1 thing is a little freaky. I've done group interviews before, but I think the max I've ever faced was... 5? And it wasn't a "Board of Directors." Ack!

Any thoughts on prep for this? Or tips? Who do you look at? I guess you look at the person that asks the question first, but then kinda around the room... though seems like it would be hard to make eye contact with all 8 people during the course of each question.

I'm guessing "role play" will help.... though it's gonna be tuff to round up 8 peeps willing to humor me and go through a dry run of this :)

Cheers,
Bean

I have no interview advice, but if it takes 8 people to make a hiring decision, I can only imagine how poorly the rest of the company operates. I'd pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.