7 year combined Program UMDNJ (specifically Montclair)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouspat12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How challenging is it to get into both the 7 year and the 8 year combined Bachelors and Medical degree programs at Montclair. I am curious at how difficult it is to get accepted compared to the other combined programs at NJIT, Rutgers, and TCNJ. Also the 8 year program has significantly lower requirements? Does anyone know the reason for this? If anyone who is in the program or was accepted could give me some pointers, I would really appreciate it?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I'm in an eight year program right now with an NJ school. I chose the eight year path so as to enjoy undergrad more and I don't regret it at all. Most of the programs (including mine) have a conditional acceptance, meaning that you need to get a certain MCAT score. I believe the old standard was a score of 31, but now it is 510 or depending on your school. With this new exam, it has become exceptionally difficult to fulfill all the classes needed for the MCAT in two to two and a half years.