7 unfilled spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a look at the NRMP regional statistics posted on the site? It says there are 7 total unmatched spots right now. I know that UNC has two "fake" open spots. How about the other 5??

Members don't see this ad.

Good point Pewl.

Last edited:
It also listed 142 PGY2 and 15 PGY1 spots. Does that mean there were 157 spots this year?? That seems pretty high.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's weird that those programs didn't fill. Did they interview many people? I actually applied to a few of those programs but never heard anything back...no invitation to interview, not even a rejection. It was weird for them to not even acknowledge my application. Why do programs do that?

Anyway, good luck to those people who are going to scramble!

It's probably not a good idea to be posting unfilled lists since I'm pretty sure it's some sort of NRMP violation. SDN is gonna censor it.

It also listed 142 PGY2 and 15 PGY1 spots. Does that mean there were 157 spots this year?? That seems pretty high.

no, it means there were 142 spots (15 spot with mandatory prelim/transitionals)

That's weird that those programs didn't fill. Did they interview many people? I actually applied to a few of those programs but never heard anything back...no invitation to interview, not even a rejection. It was weird for them to not even acknowledge my application. Why do programs do that?

Anyway, good luck to those people who are going to scramble!

what would be even weirder is if you had interviewed at those programs and they went unmatched. that would mean that either you or the program or both didnt rank each other...

Has anyone taken a look at the NRMP regional statistics posted on the site? It says there are 7 total unmatched spots right now. I know that UNC has two "fake" open spots. How about the other 5??

it is likely that some of the 5 are other fake spots, and a few programs who didnt rank enough applicants or had an administrative error have real unmatched spots.