ROCR webinar - free and open to everyone, this Friday, 7/21 at 4 pm EST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rad Onc SK

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm honestly not trying to be too negative on everything, but.... (LOL)

A short notice Friday at 4PM meeting seems suboptimal for attendance. It's literally the classic bad news press conference to miss the weekly news cycle time. Most rad oncs nationwide will still be seeing scheduled patients (this is 1PM PST) and those who aren't will be trying to wrap up for the weekend.

"If you need to put out bad news, we all know you should send a press release on Friday as part of your marketing strategy, right? Or even better, do it right at 5pm before the weekend, when people are checked out and ready to start on their weekend plans."

Last edited:
Yeah, timing is suboptimal for attendance

That being said, I think we need people to go and ask the hard questions.

Please join. I wonder if handles will be allowed. And non-paying members!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This was announced earlier. Just not on SDN. Thoughtful to add an announcement here, although I agree it works out to short notice for those just learning now.

Timing may be suboptimal, but I feel like there's no time of day that works. People would complain if it was in the evenings cuz it impinges on personal time, complain if it was at lunch, complain if it's other times during the day because clinic.

I have the same gripe about my tumor boards

Reactions: 6 users
This was announced earlier. Just not on SDN. Thoughtful to add an announcement here, although I agree it works out to short notice for those just learning now.

Timing may be suboptimal, but I feel like there's no time of day that works. People would complain if it was in the evenings cuz it impinges on personal time, complain if it was at lunch, complain if it's other times during the day because clinic.

I have the same gripe about my tumor boards

I would argue it was not announced appropriately. I have no idea if this was intentional, but they do an objectively better job of advertising other web-based programs they are running right now. Im sure this staff team is busy, but it was hard not to make assumptions here.

FWIW I was able to register and am not a member. I will be there and I hope it is a true town hall format. There are a lot of great questions that have been brought up here, will be awesome to get some answers.

They also said there will be two sessions at the ASTRO meeting.

Reactions: 1 users
Free and "open"...

"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

STFnV0t.png

Reactions: 2 users