6 year accelerated Pharm Program at MCPHS vs. St. John's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

casiemccartney

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my lil' sis got accepted to both accelerated programs at MCPHS in Boston and St. John's in Queens, NY, and we're having a hard time deciding what would be better for her. She's visited MCPHS and the campus is almost non-existant and that was a bit disappointing but we hear it's a good program. The big difference is that she got a FULL ride at St. John's and only $15,000 at MCPHS, and in the end, after 6 years, I think the difference adds up to more than 50K, which is a big deciding factor. Money aside, I actually live in Boston (I'm personally pre-med) and know the area well, and I think the location is great, how it's right next to Harvard Med and Longwood medical area, but I know little about the school itself. Does anybody know about these two programs and help us decide which is a better program? Which school has higher standards/better students? My sister had a 35 on ACT, 2300 SAT, and I think 3.8 GPA, and she's also waiting to hear back from some traditional 4 year universities as well.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.