6 more days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pookies

Happy Fun Pathologist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone contact the movers

taxi.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

No count down... besides, is it really that big of a deal anyway?

Freestyle said:
No count down... besides, is it really that big of a deal anyway?

For women it is, they have a primitive nesting instinct that worries about relocating to new and different places. It means they have to move the nest, which in the wild equals danger.

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
For women it is, they have a primitive nesting instinct that worries about relocating to new and different places. It means they have to move the nest, which in the wild equals danger.
Indeed. I plan to give away half my nest and throw away the other half.

Much looking forward to tossing out binderfuls of paper.

Classmate: But I paid thousands of dollars for these lecture notes!

:rolleyes:

LADoc00 said:

It's certainly a big deal for me. I started to type all the difficulties I will have with moving, but it was too complicated. We're moving a whole household, for crying out loud! Where will I get my hair done? Which grocery shop will I use? How will I know who to trust? Ahh! :(

LADoc00 said:
Upon re-reading I can't decide if LADoc00 was being empathetic... or sarcastic.

deschutes said:
Upon re-reading I can't decide if LADoc00 was being empathetic... or sarcastic.

I wrote a nesting instinct paper for a women studies class in college. Back then, I lived with 3 girls and took copious notes on their odd behaivors.

bananaface said:
I organize. Is that nesting? Because I know men who organize too.

Its been shown that women close to labor have a unstoppable urge to clean and organize, but my own research showed that women who miss their period have the same urge to clean.

The core of my thesis though was that you could induce this "nesting instinct" by having unprotected sex with em as well. The idea is that there is a real hormonal transmission in sperm that affects female behavior. I spent months on this paper, filled it with my own observations, literature backing up my ideas and interviewed endocrinologists. I ended up getting a D+ for this masterpiece and had to file a formal complaint with my dean just to ensure I didnt ruined my chances of med school. My grader was a lesbian, of course.

LADoc00 said:
Its been shown that women close to labor have a unstoppable urge to clean and organize, but my own research showed that women who miss their period have the same urge to clean.

The core of my thesis though was that you could induce this "nesting instinct" by having unprotected sex with em as well. The idea is that there is a real hormonal transmission in sperm that affects female behavior. I spent months on this paper, filled it with my own observations, literature backing up my ideas and interviewed endocrinologists. I ended up getting a D+ for this masterpiece and had to file a formal complaint with my dean just to ensure I didnt ruined my chances of med school. My grader was a lesbian, of course.
LOL "my own observations" was probably what did you in. :laugh:

LADoc00 said:
I spent months on this paper, filled it with my own observations, literature backing up my ideas and interviewed endocrinologists. I ended up getting a D+ for this masterpiece.
Isn't "my own observations" akin to saying "original masterwork"? I would have given you an "F" for "Effort", so to speak ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
Back then, I lived with 3 girls and took copious notes on their odd behaivors.
If I lived with 3 guys, doubtless I would take copious notes on their odd behaviour too. Provided I could see them from behind the heaps of smelly clothes, dirty dishes and piles of CDs.

deschutes said:
If I lived with 3 guys, doubtless I would take copious notes on their odd behaviour too. Provided I could see them from behind the heaps of smelly clothes, dirty dishes and piles of CDs.
I lived with 4 boys once. It was quite gross.

Men are much easier to get aloing with than women, IMO.

bananaface said:
I lived with 4 boys once. It was quite gross.

Men are much easier to get aloing with than women, IMO.
How is this not self-contradictory? :)

Male or female housemates are fine - provided they don't bring their significant others in for sleepovers.

deschutes said:
How is this not self-contradictory? :)

Male or female housemates are fine - provided they don't bring their significant others in for sleepovers.
Well, boys are dirtier. But, if they get all pissy amongst themselves, it's all good the next time they see each other. Women keep grudges. Between dirt and grudges, I pick dirt. It can be cleaned.

Heh. I was a sleepover housemate. Actually, another girl lived there too.

bananaface said:
Well, boys are dirtier. But, if they get all pissy amongst themselves, it's all good the next time they see each other. Women keep grudges. Between dirt and grudges, I pick dirt. It can be cleaned.
Can't disagree with you there.
We have a guy amongst us four, although he is not here much at all. He chose us because "girls are cleaner".

I really don't care what they do so long as they don't keep me awake when I want to be :sleep:

Yeah, that's a big part of why I translocated to my SO's apartment. I had these immature roomates who did not understand the STFU concept. They were also really, shallow, immature, and sometimes downright stupid. It's like, dude, I don't CARE if your b/f calls you his "cotton candy princess" or if you were prom queen. Quit running through the house screaming at 2am!

I feel constricted if I can't have whoever I want stay over and all that. If it's my home, I feel like I should be able to invite people in. That's just my thing.

deschutes said:
Isn't "my own observations" akin to saying "original masterwork"? I would have given you an "F" for "Effort", so to speak ;)

Dont make fun or you will become part of my study set...
Muhahahahahahah!
dr%20evil.JPG

I didnt go to 4 years of Evil medical school for nothing!

Three generations of housemates ago when I first moved into this house there were three female almost-MD's. It was great fun - everyone had friends over, it didn't matter we didn't have TV, we'd go out for Vietnamese or sit on the sunken red couch and talk all night.

Times change. Different people.

LADoc00 said:
Dont make fun or you will become part of my study set...
I'm only surprised I haven't already!

For the first 4 years of my life here in Michigan, I lived in a house with 30 other people. It was a co-ed medical fraternity (ahem, medical society) house. It made for some fun times and some bitchin' parties.

I have lived by myself ever since I got out of college. Sometimes it is fun to have roommates around, but I just love having my own space.

in one day we will get an email that says, "you have matched!" yay!

AndyMilonakis said:
in one day we will get an email that says, "you have matched!" yay!

One day to a new beginning
Raise the flag of freedom high!
Every man will be a king
Every man will be a king
There's a new world for the winning
There's a new world to be won
Do you hear the people sing?

Last night I experienced my second dream about the Match. I posted about my first one a couple weeks ago (I think). In this dream, I ranked plenty of programs, but something went wrong. The program where I was supposed to match ended up rejecting me, and it was too late for the match computer to place me into a program lower on my list. To make matters worse, there were ZERO unfilled Pathology positions, so I couldn't scramble into a Path spot. I ended up scrambling into an Internal Medicine program at a Harvard hospital. Yes, there were IM spots open there, but not a single Path spot in the entire country. Ahh! :(

Addendum: :barf:

That's a nightmare indeed. I can't remember if I had any dreams about the match, but I have a feeling I did. Probably something about forgetting to certify my list.

The last few days have been going a bit quicker. It's time to speed up the pace here. 4 more days!

deschutes said:

One day to a new beginning
Raise the flag of freedom high!
Every man will be a king
Every man will be a king
There's a new world for the winning
There's a new world to be won
Do you hear the people sing?
One day more!

Actually, 4 days more, to be honest - you should have saved this song for Wed night!

geddy said:
One day more!

Actually, 4 days more, to be honest - you should have saved this song for Wed night!
Save nothing - I might be dead and gone by Wednesday night! ;)

I'll try to come up with something for Match Eve. Failing which, our resident bard (provided he's not away bandsawing yet another humeral head at 10pm) will doubtless rise to the occasion.

vaOpera.jpg

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; or close up the wall with our (pathologists) dead!

And Match Day shall ne'er go by from this day until the ending of the world but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today who matches with me shall be my brother or sister. Be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition, and gentlemen in pathology land now abed shall think themselves acursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks, that fought with us upon the big Match day!

yaah said:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; or close up the wall with our (pathologists) dead!

And Match Day shall ne'er go by from this day until the ending of the world but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today who matches with me shall be my brother or sister. Be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition, and gentlemen in pathology land now abed shall think themselves acursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks, that fought with us upon the big Match day!
nice dude :thumbup:

Dont be this guy on match day...
normal_oops_towel.jpg