MD 508 MCAT, 4.0GPA, Where to Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

29mark

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm applying this upcoming cycle and needed some help with deciding where I should be applying. I have a list of a few schools but am very open to suggestions and would also like to get an idea of my chances at each school.

A bit of background info:

MCAT: 508 (127/127/127/127)
GPA: 4.0 (sGPA 4.0)
Biomedical Engineering
Stevens Institute of Technology
(From New Jersey)

~200 hours of hopsital Emergency Department (ED) volunteering
~350 hours as hospital ED Scribe
~60 hours of shadowing various specialties
~100 hours of nonclinical volunteering
~2 years of research on two different topics (tissue engineering & gene therapy)

ECs:
Member of 4 clubs, all of which I have held leadership positions for at least 1 year
Founding member and current board member of nonprofit STEM organization for past 2 years​

MD List:
Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Baylor
Boston U
Case Western
Chicago at Rosalind Franklin
CUNY
Columbia (Reach)
Drexel
Cooper Medical School
UCal, LA
New Jersey Medical School
Robert Wood Johnson

I'm still looking at a lot more schools and would also prefer schools with good placements into surgical residencies.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
New Jersey.

I should also include New Jersey Medical School and Robert Wood Johnson. Those are NJ state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I'm applying this upcoming cycle and needed some help with deciding where I should be applying. I have a list of a few schools but am very open to suggestions and would also like to get an idea of my chances at each school.

A bit of background info:

MCAT: 508 (127/127/127/127)
GPA: 4.0 (sGPA 4.0)
Biomedical Engineering
Stevens Institute of Technology
(From New Jersey)

~200 hours of hopsital Emergency Department (ED) volunteering
~350 hours as hospital ED Scribe
~60 hours of shadowing various specialties
~100 hours of nonclinical volunteering
~2 years of research on two different topics (tissue engineering & gene therapy)

ECs:
Member of 4 clubs, all of which I have held leadership positions for at least 1 year
Founding member and current board member of nonprofit STEM organization for past 2 years​

MD List:
Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Baylor
Boston U
Case Western
Chicago at Rosalind Franklin
CUNY
Columbia (Reach)
Drexel
Cooper Medical School
UCal, LA
New Jersey Medical School
Robert Wood Johnson

I'm still looking at a lot more schools and would also prefer schools with good placements into surgical residencies.

Thank you in advance!
Invest in MSAR, your MCAT is a perfectly balanced 30 on the old exam. The only ones on your list that looks like a target school (outside your state schools) are Drexel and Rosy Franklin

New Jersey.

I should also include New Jersey Medical School and Robert Wood Johnson. Those are NJ state schools.
You could also apply to these schools where you could receive an interview with your MCAT
Temple
Jefferson
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Loyola
St. Louis
Tulane
GW
Georgetown