4th year aways update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ortho060802

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to update the info about the different programs all of us have rotated at these past couple months. Much of the info on here is a couple years old and scutwork.com has few ortho programs. I'll start.

UAB- Great experience there. Hard work and long hours on trauma and spine but that should be expected. I would put their residence up against anyone. Good mix of exposure during rotation and it appears during residency. I was glad to see that the intern that was on ortho was able to perform serveral cases. Mostly I&Ds but at least you are in the OR getting some action. Hospital is new with huge ORs and cool camera setup. Each room has cameras in the lights and multiple LCd screens, so a staff can pull up another room to check on the progress or you can pull up x-rays from the ED without having to scub out for a pointless consult. Staff seemed pretty good and interested in teaching.

will update next program when I have finished rotation

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any female faculty in ortho at UAB? I had heard that it might not be one of the "female-friendly" programs....

Dr. stewart just started from Indiana. She is a trauma staff. There are 2 female residence that I met that seemed happy.