4 straight shifts with entrapments and Life Flight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So there seems to be a huge trauma cloud following me. Today alone I have RSI'ed an entrapment (other pt is code 4)and air vaced them to Herman, had to take down a violent psych pt and sedate them, an unstable chest pain refractory to NTG, 8 mg MS, and labetalol, and another RSI on an Auto-ped. Now its time to sleep.

By the way, does anyone feel perpetually stuck in this job. I can't seem to get out of this business. All these postings on monster and hot jobs and no one is replying. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Which flight program did you use?

Herman Life Flight and PHI Sky Med

Members don't see this ad :)
You might try actually going to the place you want to work, and filling out an application, such as at hospitals or whatever. The online things never work. I used to try that and it never worked for me.

Sounds like you have been having a good time at work. Why move? MGT issues? Moving may not be the answer. As a brother whom has worked in different systems all have thier issues. It come to which devil you want, tho one you now or the one you do not....

HNS said:
Sounds like you have been having a good time at work. Why move? MGT issues? Moving may not be the answer. As a brother whom has worked in different systems all have thier issues. It come to which devil you want, tho one you now or the one you do not....

I have a masteres and want a career. 38K a year isn't cutting it anymore, and I'm only staying in medicine if I can get into medschool, otherwise I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

trauma_junky said:
I have a masteres and want a career. 38K a year isn't cutting it anymore, and I'm only staying in medicine if I can get into medschool, otherwise I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

better late than never... :D