4.0GPA and 29MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmedman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT the first time and got 11P, 6V, 11B, Essay - P (verbal killed me)
Retook it and got 11P, 8V, 10B, Essay - R

I have a 4.0 GPA. Graduated as Valedictorian of my state school

-Chemistry major; minors in Biology and Philosophy
-Part of my universities' Honors Program
-Part of a national honor society that was heavily focused on volunteering experiences and helping the undeserved
-Tutored students for 3 years,
-Was a part of the Biology and Chemistry club
-I was part of my school's BS/MD program where I got to shadow doctors, attend hospital rotations, lectures etc.
-I am shadowing now at MGH in the ER department
-I worked on over 4 research projects during my undergraduate years and went on about 4 conferences to present my research
-Currently living in Boston and working as a Clinical Analyst
-I am collaborating with Pearson Education to get a science application launched by August
-Wrote a book that attempts to narrow the gap between religion and science that is currently in the process of being published
-I've done martial arts and played the piano for 15+ years
-GREAT LOR

Any thoughts?

I've applied heavily in NY but also pretty broadly elsewhere

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you're verbal wasn't too hot, but it looks like everything else is superb. So I wouldn't worry if I were in your position.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, when you say BS/MD program surely you don't mean that you were accepted in a combined program and you dropped it to apply out with less than a 30 on the MCAT?

Also inb4dontcallmeshirley

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Wait, when you say BS/MD program surely you don't mean that you were accepted in a combined program and you dropped it to apply out with less than a 30 on the MCAT?

Also inb4dontcallmeshirley

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

No. It's just a program my university had that gave pre-meds exposure into the medical field. It isn't a 7 year program or anything like that.