3rd yr. PT student looking for neuro clinical in So. Cal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djargabr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am third year PT student currently in Texas. My wife and I will be moving to San Diego after school is over and we would like to get my last clinical in San Diego, unfortunately my school has no connection in California. I was wondering if anybody could help me find a connection in any part of southern California for my third clinical (must have at least 60% neuro patients). Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'd suggest contacting Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center in Downey. It's near Los Angeles, CA. They have an inpatient facility consisting of TBI, spinal cord injury, and knee/ hip replacement patients. Here's a link for you to check out. I've met someone that was from Connecticut and was able to create a connection with Rancho to allow her to do a clinical with them. Good Luck! Also, it's about 2 hours away from San Diego. Not too bad.

https://dhs.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dhs/rancho

^You better be the top 10% in your class for Rancho. They also ask for 18 week rotations, otherwise it's a shot in the dark.