37Q MCAT, 3.82 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjcarolina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from UNC-CH. MCAT break down: BS: 15 VR:11 PS: 11. Here is a list of some of my important activities:

Hospital Volunteer (doing art projects with kids in pediatric inpatient unit)- 3 years, 2-3 hours/week
Modern Dance Company- dancer 4 years, 8-12 hrs/week; treasurer 2 years additional 2-3 hrs/week; president 1 year, additional 4-8 hrs/week
Artheels: Arts in Medicine (UNC organization that collaborated with the hospital)- member 4 years, 1-2 hrs/week; secretary 1 year, additional 1 hr/week; treasurer 1 year, additional 1-2 hrs/week
Research Assistant at Center for Developmental Science- 2.5 years, approx 7-8 hrs/week
Internship in the Department of Neurology at Johns Hopkins- 1 summer, full time
Research Assistant in Department of Psychiatry at UNC School of Medicine- 1 year, approx 10 hrs/week
Research Assistant with UNC Heart Failure Program at UNC School of Medicine- 1 year, full time (gap year before med school)
Honors/awards- Phi Beta Kappa, elected senior year; National Society for Collegiate Scholars, elected junior year; Dean’s list seven semesters

Here are the schools I am applying to:
University of North Carolina
Duke
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
University of Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
University of Maryland
Johns Hopkins
University of Pennsylvania
Cornell
Columbia
Emory

Members don't see this ad.

Nice BS score!

Your app looks similar to mine. However, it may be slightly top heavy, but it's a crapshoot so you never know. Wouldn't hurt to add a couple more schools a good bit lower than your stats and express a good amount of interest. But other than that, it looks like you have a very good chance!

Wish you luck this cycle.

Thanks for the input! I was worried about not having enough safety/good match schools. Do you have suggestions for schools that would fall in that category that are preferably on or near east coast?