3009 posts behind EM!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ohhh....

*tapping me foot ***

Members don't see this ad.

AndyMilonakis said:
Nah, it needs to have similar connotations as "Suitcase." And how this nickname of Suitcase came to be, I dunno. Oh I remember, it was a random assignment based on some HBO special about some weird sexual fetish. Yes, so the task at hand is to come up with a sex fetish name for PathOne.
How about "Special K?. Remember the story about the kitchen incident at that party?

BTW: You can't *BONK!* me. You're not the official Spanker. Stormjen is! You're the SDN Path Clown. Remember? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
PathOne said:
BTW: You can't *BONK!* me. You're not the official Spanker. Stormjen is! You're the SDN Path Clown. Remember? :)
Look! I am the master of the *BONK!* I coined and claimed ownership of *BONK!* long before people were appointed to the positions you mention.

bananaface said:
Yeah. *BONK!* is with a bonkstick, not a hand. It's a totally different thing.
Look at the big brains on banana. Exactly!

The spanker would go *Whack*, *Smack*, or *Pssshhh*. Not *BONK!*

And BTW, my *BONK!* supercedes the potency of any mere spanking. See with spanking and *BONK!* you see them coming. But you can dodge the spank. In contrast, *BONK!* is a matter of inevitability no matter how far in advance you see it.

wait for it

wait..

for...

it.....

*BONK!*

AndyMilonakis said:
Look at the big brains on banana. Exactly!

The spanker would go *Whack*, *Smack*, or *Pssshhh*. Not *BONK!*

And BTW, my *BONK!* supercedes the potency of any mere spanking.
Um, a spanker goes *spank*. You just keep on *BONK!*ing Big K, ok? I like Big K better than Special K.

bananaface said:
Um, a spanker goes *spank*. You just keep on *BONK!*ing Big K, ok? I like Big K better than Special K.
That's Dr. K to you banana! :laugh:

A *BONK!* is just spanking's poooh cousin, then?

Members don't see this ad :)
King of Comedy? Thought this was a Republic here...

PathOne said:
King of Comedy? Thought this was a Republic here...
no it's an autonomous collective :laugh:

you're getting confused with the lounge there Sanchez.

So my name's Sanchez now? As in Chris Sanchez from SWAT? Nice. I can live with that :)

Ehhh.... ok..... ehhh... me no comprendre....

hmmm. you've apparently been so long in that suitcase of yours that you've become a little gender confused... :D

PathOne said:
hmmm. you've apparently been so long in that suitcase of yours that you've become a little gender confused... :D
umm....ok?

I envision "Bonk" as the sound of the S.D.N. Pathology Clown's big red nose when he squeezes it.

Havarti666 said:
But is it worse than the jelly donut? I think not...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+jelly+donut
then there's also the donkey punch. so now we have up to 3 choices for nicknames for PathOne:

(a) Sanchez
(b) Donut
(c) Donkey

Now I originally came up with Sanchez but now I'm liking the ring of "Donut". On its own it is an innocuous term. Kinda like suitcase. But there is much more to it than the name suggests :laugh:

ONE MORE DAY LEFT PEOPLE!

Hmm, as I toil under the microscope in the Big Apple, perhaps "Bagel" would be more appropriate. Although I'm also sweet, which tends to point in the direction of "donut".

PathOne said:
Although I'm also sweet, which tends to point in the direction of "donut".
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yeah whatever. fine have it your way, Donut!

hey you can be this guy:
mike.jpg

SO, I was kind of mean to a surgeon who posted on peds and feel kind of bad about how good it felt. :oops: Thought youse guys (and the Gas folks) might have some good stories..... I think they actually like being put in their places.

....A lot like toddlers looking for discipline.

AndyMilonakis said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yeah whatever. fine have it your way, Donut!

hey you can be this guy:
mike.jpg
Well, don't exactly look like him *LOL*

PairODocs said:
SO, I was kind of mean to a surgeon who posted on peds and feel kind of bad about how good it felt. :oops: Thought youse guys (and the Gas folks) might have some good stories..... I think they actually like being put in their places.

....A lot like toddlers looking for discipline.
we have a few threads around here.... :D

nothing outrageous though.

Indeed. Nothing outrageous.

I don't think we've any surgeons posting here. Do we?

My only story from today is:

Gen Surgeon: (while excising 2cm lymph node) "There are some pathologists here who can't count above 5."
Me: "Yeah... it's difficult. You know those colonic resections?
Studies show that 85% of accompanying lymph nodes are < 2mm across.
And 75% of +ve lymph nodes are < 2mm across."

deschutes said:
Indeed. Nothing outrageous.

I don't think we've any surgeons posting here. Do we?

My only story from today is:

Gen Surgeon: (while excising 2cm lymph node) "There are some pathologists here who can't count above 5."
Me: "Yeah... it's difficult. You know those colonic resections?
Studies show that 85% of accompanying lymph nodes are < 2mm across.
And 75% of +ve lymph nodes are < 2mm across."
:laugh:

My attending this week is having a field day with the ENT surgeons. He continuously calls them "Nose pickers" and whenever we get a specimen from ENT he says "the nose pickers" did this or that, or "Why are the nose pickers messing around in the thyroid?" etc etc.

I should mention that this hospital has a huge nose picking surgical case load. So it comes up about every 3 minutes. :oops:

yaah said:
My attending this week is having a field day with the ENT surgeons. He continuously calls them "Nose pickers" and whenever we get a specimen from ENT he says "the nose pickers" did this or that, or "Why are the nose pickers messing around in the thyroid?" etc etc.

I should mention that this hospital has a huge nose picking surgical case load. So it comes up about every 3 minutes. :oops:
ENT = Ear, Nose, and Throat. The thyroid is near the throat there buddy.

AndyMilonakis said:
ENT = Ear, Nose, and Throat. The thyroid is near the throat there buddy.

Yeah I know but he thinks they should restrict their activities to the nose because they are nose pickers and leave thyroids to other surgeons.

Yeah, well the general surgery guys need the thyroid cases, otherwise they are just glorified arse-ologists.

General surgery is a very very very very competitive field you know. Ooooh, it makes me so excited to think how competitive it is. And to get to work elbow deep in poop, crapulence, flatulence, or fat-u-lence (GOPs) all day.... to live the dream!

Yeah I thought about being a surgeon. For a couple of days. Then I saw the same procedures over and over again and I decided if they were that unexciting to watch and participate in after 2 or 3 viewings then it probably would not be best to train in the field and do it thousands of times.

im chiping away at their lead tonight

yaah said:
Yeah I thought about being a surgeon. For a couple of days. Then I saw the same procedures over and over again and I decided if they were that unexciting to watch and participate in after 2 or 3 viewings then it probably would not be best to train in the field and do it thousands of times.
Lap chole. Lap chole. Lap chole. Oh, lap chole on a thin person for a change!

There is a certain extremism that seems to go with the surgical personality. And then there is the hot air. I mean, ENT surgeons trash-talk general surgeons. And everyone trash-talks plastics. And yet the neatest work I've seen so far was done on plastics.

Whatever. Path people just seem to get along better even at close quarters. :cool:

I love a little competition!

deschutes said:
Lap chole. Lap chole. Lap chole. Oh, lap chole on a thin person for a change!

There is a certain extremism that seems to go with the surgical personality. And then there is the hot air. I mean, ENT surgeons trash-talk general surgeons. And everyone trash-talks plastics. And yet the neatest work I've seen so far was done on plastics.

Whatever. Path people just seem to get along better even at close quarters. :cool:

A couple of ENT residents barged in on me while I was previewing this evening (at about 7pm) because they wanted to see the frozens on all the cases they were doing today (one was a very aggressive papillary thyroid carcinoma, the other they thought was medullary cancer but looks like anaplastic). They were good people!

deschutes said:
:confused: Are you being sarcastic? Or complimentary like all nice path people despite the interruption of your previewing?

Naw, I was being complimentary. They were nice. I don't mind residents wanting to see the slides on their patients, it helps us all figure out what is actually going on, and makes things more interesting.