3 days before CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple days before my CK exam. My practice exams have hovered around 235. I've gone through all of UWorld and finished Step up to Step 2..

What should I do these last few days? Is it worth it to do the UWorld qs again or reread step up to step 2? Or should I quickly read through secrets?

Members don't see this ad.

I second the recommendation for secrets, especially the 'top 100 secrets'

I'm in the same boat (4 days to go, done MKSAP, UWSA, UWORLD 1.75x, free USMLE). Making sure your sleep hygeine and physical hygeine (exercising, stretching, meditation/prayer) are in order is of paramount importance. Personally, I plan on hitting Form 4 tomorrow, but that may be a little late for you.

Otherwise, I plan to verbally hit some annoying peripheral/crammable things:
Biostats
Ambulatory / Appendix sections of SUtM
Criteria (SAAG, Lights, Ranson, CHADS, MELD, ATP3, Ottawa rules etc)
Calculations (Ca for hypoalbuminemia, Na for hyperglycemia, OSM)
Rheum Antibodies
Some of the nitpicky DSM criteria

Take care of logistics early to get you mind right (print ticket, google map directions to test center, earplugs, snacks, comfy clothes).... and you should be good. :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat (4 days to go, done MKSAP, UWSA, UWORLD 1.75x, free USMLE). Making sure your sleep hygeine and physical hygeine (exercising, stretching, meditation/prayer) are in order is of paramount importance. Personally, I plan on hitting Form 4 tomorrow, but that may be a little late for you.

Biostats
Rheum Antibodies

Take care of logistics early to get you mind right (print ticket, google map directions to test center, earplugs, snacks, comfy clothes).... and you should be good. :thumbup:

or just chill. Personally, i like to take the day or two before the exam to decompress, focus on what the exam will be like, not the content. Prepare myself mentally and physically for the day. It sounds like you've done a lot of work and are performing pretty well.

You plan for cramming isn't a bad one though. Just depends on the person (can you relax for two days or will you be nervous you aren't studying?)

Members don't see this ad :)
or just chill. Personally, i like to take the day or two before the exam to decompress, focus on what the exam will be like, not the content. Prepare myself mentally and physically for the day. It sounds like you've done a lot of work and are performing pretty well.

You plan for cramming isn't a bad one though. Just depends on the person (can you relax for two days or will you be nervous you aren't studying?)

Agreed, my suggestion for a three day plan failed to include chilling out for at least one day. I might look at Forbes pictures in the AM, drive to the hotel, work out and watch a mindless movie the day before. I attribute my poor score on pt 1 primarily to poor pre-test decompression..... crammed up until about midnight the night before, woke up in a cold sweat at 3AM and couldn't fall back asleep :sleep:

Biostats
Rheum Antibodies

I have 9 days till my test. I desperately need to review CV, Pulm, GI, Endo, and Renal cause I did those subjects more than a month ago. Finished all of Uworld. My question now is: Should I go over U world q's again for these topics OR should I do MKSAP just to see different questions?????

I'd say do the UW q's again + read those topics in Secrets (which takes probably 1hr max per topic...maybe even less).

I have 9 days till my test. I desperately need to review CV, Pulm, GI, Endo, and Renal cause I did those subjects more than a month ago. Finished all of Uworld. My question now is: Should I go over U world q's again for these topics OR should I do MKSAP just to see different questions?????