~3.6cGPA BUT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamabanana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received one D on my transcript first semester of freshmen year for a level 100 geology class (I originally wanted to go into environmental science but changed to pre-med after that semester). I had all A's in geology lab (I thought this would save my grade). I received an A on exam 1. Failed mid-term, failed final, failed final retake (the professor allowed the class to retake the final because one person passed the original final). The university is small and he is the only geology professor. There is one community college in my area. One of my friends went there and witnessed a knife fight on school grounds. People have been known to refer to it as "remedial high school." So basically, I don't want to retake it with the same professor and I'm apprehensive about enrolling in the local community college. Should I move to another city for one semester to retake geology? Or does it not matter that much? I just hate having a D on my transcript!
I don't want to proceed with the MCAT and other application processes before I know how this will affect my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

I received one D on my transcript first semester of freshmen year for a level 100 geology class (I originally wanted to go into environmental science but changed to pre-med after that semester). I had all A's in geology lab (I thought this would save my grade). I received an A on exam 1. Failed mid-term, failed final, failed final retake (the professor allowed the class to retake the final because one person passed the original final). The university is small and he is the only geology professor. There is one community college in my area. One of my friends went there and witnessed a knife fight on school grounds. People have been known to refer to it as "remedial high school." So basically, I don't want to retake it with the same professor and I'm apprehensive about enrolling in the local community college. Should I move to another city for one semester to retake geology? Or does it not matter that much? I just hate having a D on my transcript!
I don't want to proceed with the MCAT and other application processes before I know how this will affect my chances.

doesn't matter...you have a solid 3.6 even with a D...that's a minor positive, if anything. just bone the MCAT and you'll be fine

Quit fussing, you're fine. Maybe Harvard will sneer at you, but you'll be OK.