MD & DO 3.6 GPA 3.51 sGPA 512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustWHYbother

Reaction score
I need help in making a list to different medical schools. So far I'm applying to all the schools in Arizona and Louisiana. I have in-state in both: born and raised in Louisiana moved to AZ for college; but, still also LA in-state due to my parents living there and all of my other family.
Now that that's out if the way, I'm a junior at Arizona State in Forensic science, I have a 3.6 overall and an 3.51 in science. Taking Genetics, A&P, and Forensic Bio for the sGPA, and I have a 512 MCAT with good scores in all sectons
As for ECs:
-163 hours volunteering at Habitat for Humanity and for Wounded Warriors
-Scribe and Guard at Kappa Sigma
- 1year AMSA (still going)
- 1 year AMSBS
- doing a medical internship for my spring semester
- trying to get into a research lab for my junior year
- becoming an EMT over the summer for my senior year
- doing my shadowing senior year
My RED flags
- I have six withdraws, however three of them are from injuring my leg multiple times which needed two surgeries and immense physical therapy which interfered with the courses, and another for having to drop a class during the summer to help my family when my mother got sick
PS
- I will also be taking a gap year where I will be an EMT and travel abroad to gain a more rounded since the medicine in the world (shadowing abroad if that makes sense)

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have any physician shadowing or clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact on your application when it was submitted ?

Did you have any physician shadowing or clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact on your application when it was submitted ?
Have not submitted yet due to those reasons, I will after senior year. That one more reason why I'm taking a gap year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest:
Hofstra
U Toledo
U VM
Pitt
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
U AZ
the LSUs
Nova MD
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

I suggest:
Hofstra
U Toledo
U VM
Pitt
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
U AZ
the LSUs
Nova MD
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
Thank you, I'm applying to as many as possible that are in "my range" to increase my chances of getting in, this list helps me a lot!