MD & DO 3.4GPA 29MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalWhiz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a GPA of 3.4 (with two classes retaken because of D) and a 29 MCAT (B9V12P8)

I have 50 hours shadowing multiple doctors.
I have over 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital.
I have over a 1000 hours of volunteering with a community service program in the area (non-medical related), but I was a coordinator and it required a lot of leadership skills.

My letters of rec are from:
A biology professor
My primate anatomy professor
The organization that I did all that volunteering at
A pathologist I've shadowed extensively
One more that I've yet to decide who to ask.

I'm wondering if I would be competitive at any MD schools, and which ones? And for any DO schools, and which ones (which ones are good by the way?)?

Members don't see this ad.

Aim for all the low tier MD schools, all new MD schools, and all DO programs

I have a GPA of 3.4 (with two classes retaken because of D) and a 29 MCAT (B9V12P8)

I have over a 1000 hours of volunteering with a community service program in the area (non-medical related), but I was a coordinator and it required a lot of leadership skills.

A biology professor

I'm wondering if I would be competitive at any MD schools, and which ones? And for any DO schools, and which ones (which ones are good by the way?)?

A biology professor