3.4cGPA 3.7 sGPA 501 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimBone905

OMS4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@Faha @Goro really nervous about my chances because of cars. maybe you have some good news? give it to me straight please...

Members don't see this ad :)
When are you planning to apply ? Where is your state of residence ? Are you URM ? Is Spanish your native language ?

ORM, New York, next cycle, Russian was my first language ( 1st generation US citizen of immigrant parents ).

You should receive interviews at DO schools with your MCAT and I suggest applying to all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
If you increase your CARS score to 125 and your overall MCAT to 508 you could receive interviews at MD schools. Post your new score here in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive interviews at DO schools with your MCAT and I suggest applying to all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
If you increase your CARS score to 125 and your overall MCAT to 508 you could receive interviews at MD schools. Post your new score here in the future.

Thank you so much, I hope to not get auto-screened with that cars. I'll try to prepare harder for CARS this time around and study psych/soc a little more and retake in either january or march.

Is there anything I could add to my application in order to improve it?

Does anyone know of any prep courses for cars?

Your EC's are good. CARS is difficult to improve if English is not your native language. Many practice questions may help and you could also improve you psych.soc score with more studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Your EC's are good. CARS is difficult to improve if English is not your native language. Many practice questions may help and you could also improve you psych.soc score with more studying.

Thank you so much for the advice. You think I should still get interviews even with that red flag subsection?

any chance i could apply to an MD school, or does that 121 cars bar me out completely?