3+3 vs 4+3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jajajaaames

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a college sophomore interested in a PT career. Right now I am in a combined 3/3 exercise science/dpt program. After six years I will receive the DPT degree but I wont receive a bachelor's. However, the option exists to take an extra year to earn the bachelor's in exercise science, so it would take seven instead of six years. My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to spend an additional year to get a bachelor's in ES as well as a DPT. I am guaranteed to be accepted into my university's DPT school either way (its a benefit from being a member of the university's honors college). Money isn't really a factor in the decision.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Most 3+3 programs give a bachelors and PT degree with part of the PT curriculum acting towards undergrad credits. But if that isn't the case than don't worry about the undergrad degree because that really won't mean much.

The undergrad degree doesn't really matter in the workforce so I think you should do 3+3, graduate, and start working. However, personally I would take classes part-time after graduation and finish the undergrad degree since you already 75% done with it. Just for personal accomplishment/satisfaction and it won't hurt your resume.

The undergrad degree doesn't really matter in the workforce so I think you should do 3+3, graduate, and start working. However, personally I would take classes part-time after graduation and finish the undergrad degree since you already 75% done with it. Just for personal accomplishment/satisfaction and it won't hurt your resume.

I agree, since money isn't a factor.