3+3 Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flockey11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new here, so sorry if someones already posted on this..

Currently, I'm a junior in high school and looking into physical therapy. What are some good 3+3 programs out there?

Members don't see this ad.

I know a therapist that did Univ. of Indiana's program a while back. Not sure if they still have it.

I know a therapist that did Univ. of Indiana's program a while back. Not sure if they still have it.

No they dont. I believe University of Evansville, in Southern Indiana, still has it...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info.

i know SUNY Brockport has a program but i don't necessarily want to major in biology..
& Syracuse recently added the program

but i'm not sure..

Duquesne University in Pittsburgh has a program. You do a double BS (bio and health science) and then your DPT.

I'm not sure but I think UM does too

Thanks so much for replying. Tomorrow I'm going to search online since I don't have school and I'll post what I find!

what do you guys think of studying abroad?
pros/cons?

NYIT, Seton Hall, Richard Stockton have a direct 3+3 program. IF ur grades are good, you automatically jump into PT.

Some of the NJ schools, WPUNJ, Montclair, Ramapo, Rutgers, etc have a 3+3 with UMDNJ newark. But its not direct you have to apply.

what do you guys think of studying abroad?
pros/cons?

During your undergrad? I highly recommend it, not because I did it but because I didn't. That is one huge regret I have. A lot of friends studied in various places in South America, Europe, and Asia, and all of them came out of it with amazing experiences. My suggestion would be to start planning for it early though (ie. first semester).

Maryville University in St. Louis also has a 3+3 DPT program.

During your undergrad? I highly recommend it, not because I did it but because I didn't. That is one huge regret I have. A lot of friends studied in various places in South America, Europe, and Asia, and all of them came out of it with amazing experiences. My suggestion would be to start planning for it early though (ie. first semester).

yeah..
i was going to do it in high school, but that fell through.
if i get into a 3+3..idk if i would want to..
but if i did the "normal" route, then maybe. idkk

I'm currently in a 6 year B.S. Athletic Training / Doctor of Phys. Therapy program. It's pretty rigorous and the time commitment can be overwhelming, but I'm learning so much and it will be worth it when I make it out.