3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, 32Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hatteapear

*woof**woof**
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! So I've just sent in my application and I wanted advice as to if I've applied broadly enough or any other tips.

I have a 3.37 cGPA with a 3.0 sGPA with a strong upwards trend.
I have taken the MCAT twice:
1. 31- 11V, 11PS, 9BS
2. 32- 11V, 8PS, 13BS

I have 300+ hours of volunteering in a clinical setting
80+ hours of volunteering at a therapeutic riding center
1 year full time as a clinical laboratory tech
100 hours of research experience

I am currently only interested in DO schools. I applied to MD last year, but I've since realized that I really like the approach that Osteopathic physicians take and I'm super excited about DO schools.

My school list is:

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rocky Vista University
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable or you can recommend any other schools/tips!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Whoops! After checking with aacomas, I've found my GPA is in fact 3.43 cumulative, and 3.09 science. Also, I am a California resident if that makes any difference.

You should be good. Good luck!

Is there rhyme or reason for your list? AZCOM, KCOM, KCUMB, DMU, SOMA, etc. are some schools you could add that you'd have a realistic chance at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So I've just sent in my application and I wanted advice as to if I've applied broadly enough or any other tips.

1. 31- 11V, 11PS, 9BS
2. 32- 11V, 8PS, 13BS

I am currently only interested in DO schools. I applied to MD last year, but I've since realized that I really like the approach that Osteopathic physicians take and I'm super excited about DO schools.

My school list is:

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rocky Vista University
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable or you can recommend any other schools/tips!
Nice MCAT score...I am not sure why you had to retake the mcat. You know you will get in somewhere...Start applying.

Last edited:
You're fine; quit fussing and start applying!
Suggest addign Marion COM to the list.. Those people impressed the hell out of me.

1. 31- 11V, 11PS, 9BS
2. 32- 11V, 8PS, 13BS

My school list is:

Rocky Vista University