3.3/22Q = What % Chance Admissions into SGU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SGU06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

0% if you dont apply. thats the only concrete answer youll be able to get to this question.

SGU06 said:

0% if you do not apply. I second that.

On the other hand, these stats are quite low. Work REALLY hard and retake the MCAT. That's the best advice I can offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they've accepted people with 22's, and even lower, before...

Why not take the MCAT again though and increase your potential for making the school and/or your options?

tiredofwaiting said:
0% if you do not apply. I second that.

On the other hand, these stats are quite low. Work REALLY hard and retake the MCAT. That's the best advice I can offer.

Haha, yeah right.

You will be plenty competitive, go ahead and apply. While your at it, also apply to Ross.

SGU06 said:

after reading your question i went ahead and created an algorithm based on the the statistics of all SGU entering classes, the weather, phase of the moon, and the super bowl champion of that year. it is a very complex algorithm and the margin of error is approximately +/- 2%.

anyways, according to my equation your % chance of admission is 14.73247%.

PM me i fyou want more details.

captbadass said:
after reading your question i went ahead and created an algorithm based on the the statistics of all SGU entering classes, the weather, phase of the moon, and the super bowl champion of that year. it is a very complex algorithm and the margin of error is approximately +/- 2%.

Good work, detective! :thumbup:

captbadass said:

i found an interesting outcome in the algorithm. instead of normalizing the predicted data to reflect previous outcomes of statistically significant p-values in the the gilmore/stratton chi squared analysis (very complex and i would rather not explain this approach), i plugged in some specifics and found a possibility that you could have a 85.45635% IF the baltimore ravens win the super bowl under a full moon.

captbadass said:
IF the baltimore ravens win the super bowl under a full moon.

Ain't happening . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

captbadass said:
i found an interesting outcome in the algorithm. instead of normalizing the predicted data to reflect previous outcomes of statistically significant p-values in the the gilmore/stratton chi squared analysis (very complex and i would rather not explain this approach), i plugged in some specifics and found a possibility that you could have a 85.45635% IF the baltimore ravens win the super bowl under a full moon.

see we pre-med students just don't give an answer...we back it up with some serious statistical & scientific analysis :thumbup:

bts4202 said:
Haha, yeah right.

You will be plenty competitive, go ahead and apply. While your at it, also apply to Ross.

What's so funny. Frankly, any score under 30 couldn't get you into a US school. What makes you think a Carribean school is gonna take a 3.3 and a 22? With scores this low, it's typically a indication that you should rethink your decision to go to medical school. Not to say the person might not be accepted, but getting accepted means nothing, actually performing is a whole other bowl of wax.

tiredofwaiting said:
What's so funny. Frankly, any score under 30 couldn't get you into a US school. What makes you think a Carribean school is gonna take a 3.3 and a 22? With scores this low, it's typically a indication that you should rethink your decision to go to medical school. Not to say the person might not be accepted, but getting accepted means nothing, actually performing is a whole other bowl of wax.

You must not have been around caribbean school for that long. LOL.

The person will be plenty competitive at SGU and Ross. An MCAT score of 22 is not going to hurt her anywhere near as much as it would in the US.

tiredofwaiting said:
What's so funny. Frankly, any score under 30 couldn't get you into a US school. What makes you think a Carribean school is gonna take a 3.3 and a 22?.

Lots of people get into US schools with under 30 scores. In fact the average score for accepted applicants is slightly under 30.

SGU's average matriculant stats:

MCAT
Verbal 8
Physics 9
Biology 9
Composite: 26

Cumulative GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.20

It's basically like DO school, even slightly higher than a few of them. Thus, if you can get into SGU, there's really no reason why you can't get into a DO school.

JKDMed said:
SGU's average matriculant stats:

MCAT
Verbal 8
Physics 9
Biology 9
Composite: 26

Cumulative GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.20

It's basically like DO school, even slightly higher than a few of them. Thus, if you can get into SGU, there's really no reason why you can't get into a DO school.

That's of course if you want to go the DO route.