3.26 sGPA, 3.29 cGPA, still taking classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niabrams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not yet taken two of the prerequisites (OChem and Bio), or any upper divs. I graduated from WashU undergrad and went on to do a masters (in a subject I hated), and am trying to get into medicine any way possible. I'm applying for a few post-bacs, and if that fails I am going to do a DIY starting in the fall. Hopefully I'll be able to significantly raise my sGPA, but if not, what are my chances at getting into *any* school? I know my grades are very low.

And please, be brutally honest.

Members don't see this ad.

Should be OK for most DO schools, but not acceptable for MD schools.

I have not yet taken two of the prerequisites (OChem and Bio), or any upper divs. I graduated from WashU undergrad and went on to do a masters (in a subject I hated), and am trying to get into medicine any way possible. I'm applying for a few post-bacs, and if that fails I am going to do a DIY starting in the fall. Hopefully I'll be able to significantly raise my sGPA, but if not, what are my chances at getting into *any* school? I know my grades are very low.

And please, be brutally honest.

Assuming a 26+ on the MCAT you should be able to get into a DO school. Don't waste your money applying to any MD schools.