3.0cGPA, 3.0sGPA, 3.2-3.3 SMP GPA - Before anyone comments on the SMP GPA, I'm asking if my "fix" or last option I have to fix the SMP GPA will work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, I did not know that.

I agree that the biomed program is very fair. I have learned quite a bit so far too.

It's weird how we are all in the same class yet we are anonymous here lol.
out of curiosity, is the first letter of your first name C

Members don't see this ad.

I keep getting emergency text messages for the tornado warnings at the Georgia campus lol. Last week one of the warnings said to seek shelter immediately and hold onto a wall and I was like "What's going on down there in Georgia?" lol
LOL we had a bit of rain last week and everybody freaked out, while I'm over here like "y'all never drove through a hurricane before?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I guess we can both celebrate because we get grade replacement now!

That's HUGE news actually. SDN saves the day yet again.
Hope we both get into med school :) Best of luck. Thanks for your input!

Hope we both get into med school :) Best of luck. Thanks for your input!
Please message me when y'all apply! Currently trying to survive my third term lol. I did get into the Philly campus for DO program and still waiting on the other campuses and I ask faculty/admissions lots and lots and lots of questions (yes, I annoy them but they're also super kind and have welcomed it), so I have lots of info and advice to offer!

I definitely will and congrats on getting into Philly!!

You will like the campus if you choose to go here. The location is really nice because it's technically Philadelphia but it's actually just outside the city so it has a suburban feel to it.

We're trying to survive third term too lol. They are punishing us with the pharmacology right now.
I see y'all taking neuroscience too. That was me last term, GOOD LUCK.

Lol, isn't neuro the easier course? Does it get worse after the first test?

We have a pharm exam next week and the second years are saying that it is the hardest test.
At my campus, only 12 first years passed neuroscience last year. What I LOVE about PCOM? They will fix the system if it's broken. I passed neuroscience, and so did a good chunk, but wow was it hard! A good number withdrew as well. But, it was def a class where it is very very very easy to fail. We don't have pharmacology, but we are taking physiology this term.

Apparently 31 people dropped anatomy here. I don't believe it though but I haven't checked the rosters.

Getting A's is hard as hell here lol. B's are where it's at. Getting a B here is like getting an A+ in undergrad.
And this is why networking matters at PCOM. The support from faculty is phenomenal here. And despite how hard these classes are, every single exam question is from the PPT or lecture. Gotta memorize those down to the T.

Hey! I am in a similar boat too actually and plan on applying this cycle.

My GPA is <3.0 in undergrad for both science and cumulative. I did a masters in public health and graduated with a 3.85 GPA and I am currently in an SMP program where this is my last semester and most likely getting a 3.3-3.4 GPA and I just received my first C+ in this program. I am not sure what my chances are anymore with the SMP and I just feel so discouraged right now. I want to apply to MD schools, I was also thinking DO however my advisor told me since I never shadowed a DO it will be harder for me to get in. Either way I have always leaned towards MD. I am an URM female as well.

I have lots of clinical hours, research hours and strong LOR from my courses as well

Last edited: